Mozilla exists to protect the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation, and opportunity online.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
Mozilla is looking for you to contribute to a close-knit End User Service team, supporting a global workforce and sharing a dynamic workload. We offer standout services to a global enterprise. We are dedicated to making sure Mozillians have a phenomenal IT experience even before they start.
Our business-savvy IT organization needs an enthusiastic advocate for enabling our users to always be productive and driving the Mozilla mission. You are the main point of contact for Mozillians based in the London office and will provide support to our other European offices in Berlin and Paris as-and-when required.
Responsible for supporting events, resolving incidents and problems that are raised and provide continuous feedback to customers and Information Technology partners through to resolution. Collaborating with the Audio-visual Operations, Service Desk, Network Operations, Infrastructure and Workplace Resources team internally. Facilitating relationships with external vendors including the designated AV and telecom companies.
The role will be based in London but will require regular travel to the Paris office, as often as weekly.
Are you someone who is customer focused, ensuring the best technology is available to people both individually and collectively? Do you have a positive approach and attitude with the ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment? Do you love working in an always changing environment?
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and possibly French will enable you to support local and other regional customers through various communication channels such as email, chat, phone or face-to-face.
Responsible for the configuration and initial setup of Mac, Windows, and Linux laptops and desktops, as well as desk phones, tablets, and printers. Supporting the team to answer a variety of How-to questions, resolving technical glitches and ensuring availability of critical conference room equipment.
- Identify problems and resolve complex individual support issues in a global environment and provide appropriate follow-up and communications through to closure.
- Identify network connection issues, conference room and audio-visual concerns and any other site-impacting events before raising to the offsite dedicated teams.
- Setup and support mobile devices including Android and Apple, managing of Apple/Windows/Redhat/Ubuntu/Linux ecosystem endpoints.
- Administer user accounts and IP phones, configure, upgrade, and relocate ecosystem software and print devices.
- Document all incidents and requests with detail and accuracy to better see opportunities for improvement.
- Track documented issue trends in our knowledge management system to establish a rich knowledge base to promote self-help.
Skills & Experience
- You have a working knowledge of video (preferably Vidyo) and audio conferencing (preferably Clearone) systems/standards (such as SIP) and meeting room control systems (preferably Crestron)
- You are motivated to maintain conference room integrity through appropriate equipment/cable management, call out housekeeping issues to appropriate parties and ensure compliance with safety standards
- You will have experience supporting Windows and/or Macs using JAMF or similar; including hardware installation and configuration.
- You can work proficiently and autonomously when required and bring mature, seasoned skills when working with production systems.
- You have expertise in supporting various local and network-based printing technologies, deploying and supporting cell phones, phone systems, video conference equipment, and various wireless devices.
- You have basic knowledge of networking and related network services
- You are able to review event requests and recommend solutions based on meeting requirements. you monitor recordings and content delivery of events for distribution
- You can schedule pre-testing sessions to prevent time-impacting issues, document results, and ensure contingency plans are in place prior to an event. You can take down the equipment and store correctly at the end of each event/conference.
- You may possess domain expertise in multiple areas of end-user computing technologies such as cloud storage, device management, and commonly used applications.