Motimatic is re-purposing the digital advertising ecosystem to positively impact people’s lives. We are higher ed’s leading motivation science company focused on helping more students enroll, persist, and graduate. We're building cutting edge technologies to deploy the best of behavioral science, machine learning, and digital marketing so that more students successfully navigate critical moments throughout their educational journey. We've grown 10x in the last 2 years and are in hyper-growth mode.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate engineer to join our team as a Senior Engineer, reporting to the Chief Technology Officer. You'll play a key hands-on role in developing advances in our platform, expanding our feature set, and tackling important tech challenges to enable growth. You'll be part of a high-energy startup team that's highly collaborative and making a positive impact in the world. Because we're growing fast, you will have opportunities to contribute your expertise and grow professionally.
Who You Are
You are curious, smart, and love a challenge. You're looking for a unique opportunity to play a key role at a startup during a critical growth stage. You are energized by the prospect of expanding our data-rich technology on an ambitious timeline. You are self-motivated and able to switch contexts as business needs change. You are driven to build applications with meaningful and immediate impact.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a Senior Engineer, taking on feature sets, implementing cutting edge technologies and contributing to technical decisions
- Participate in code reviews
- Deploy API integrations with social media ad networks and key partner technologies
- Contribute to the modularization of a monolith platform into a microservices architecture
- Help build a culture of uninterrupted velocity, collaboration, mutual mentorship, shared responsibility, and open feedback in Engineering
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a similar technical field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of software engineering experience in delivery organizations
- Proven experience with Django,and PostgreSQL. And, ReactJS is a plus
- Strong understanding of key AWS technologies: S3, EC2, RDS, ECS, Lambda etc.
- Experience integrating with other systems via APIs
- Experience with container environments and distributed micro services
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum) and Jira, GitHub
- Self-starter mentality - able to own a project from inception to completion
- Team Player
- Passion for Motimatic’s mission
- Experience evolving legacy, monolithic applications and/or delivering transformative platform modularization
- Experience integrating with ad-based technology and delivery models including APIs for ad publishing and DMP platforms such as Facebook, Google Display Network, MediaMath, etc
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams including Product and Design
- Experience collaborating with QA and DevOps teams
- Experience in high-growth startup environment
- Experience building data platforms
- 100% Health care, Vision and Dental coverage (PPO&HMO plans for employee and dependents)
- HSA, FSA, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 401K plan
- Flexible PTO policy
- Family Leave policy (12 weeks)
- Remote/Hybrid working environment
- Office lunch and commuting perks
Motimatic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristics protected by law.