MNTN technology pushes the limits of open-source software application development with a strong emphasis on building flexible technology to put the control in our users' hands.
Frontend applications written in react.js, node.js, and PHP create simple-to-use interfaces that allow non-technical users the ability to customize their campaigns, interactive creatives, and reporting to suit any need, so that they can focus on marketing instead of the tools.
Our core java applications and microservices handle over hundreds of millions requests per day, upon which a platform for real time behavioral marketing is built to drive performance in cross-device advertising. Cassandra and in-house solutions are leveraged heavily to keep attributes and metadata up-to-date to meet the demanding SLAs of rapid response advertising.
About the Job:
As a DBA, you’ll be responsible for our databases and data warehouses that store the billions of data points we ingest and create. Our applications handle traffic in the hundreds-to-thousands of QPS, and our databases need to keep up with the heavy read-write demands for that data.
- Planning and performing database upgrades and migrations
- Handling DB object creation
- Managing replication across various databases
- Maintaining the overall health of the databases through routine maintenance and system monitoring
- Setting up and maintaining redundancy and high availability
- Optimizing database and query performance
- 5+ years working with relational databases
- 2+ years working with AWS RDS instances
- Experience in PostgreSQL
- Very nice to have experience in Greenplum databases
- Experience on analyzing query plans, tuning stored procedures, troubleshooting locks, and long running queries.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL
- Architectural experience with modeling and designing of schemas and ETL workflows
- Ability to build, configure, and tune databases/data warehouses
- Experience with replication, redundancy, and maintenance strategies and tools
- Comfortable in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Effective communication with non-technical members of the team
- Experience working within agile software engineering methodologies using tools such as GitHub and JIRA is preferred.
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency - we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
MNTN is the world’s first self-serve CTV platform that allows brands and agencies to precisely target digital audiences on high-end cable networks, complete with tracking in Google Analytics. We call it Performance TV. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Orangetheory Fitness, Callaway Golf, Lands End, Yeti, and Ferrari.