MINT MOBILE is seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team! Individual reports to Senior Manager, Engineering. Role is remote - must reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lead Engineer you are someone who loves working on solutions to tough problems that exist throughout our industry. You are hungry to learn new technologies and are always looking for ways to improve. As the lead you will be responsible for owning and dictating the direction of multiple services, applications and libraries; most of which the whole engineering organization utilizes. These range from serverless event systems to a microservice contract testing library (think Pact, but subjectively better).
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Software Design and Development of prototypes and tools that cross full stack - from UI, DevOps, Backend, Data Services, etc.
- Monitor SLAs/SLOs/SLIs of your products and ensure they are hitting goals.
- Design and implement POCs and demo them to the team and stakeholders.
- Continually work on identifying technical debt within owned services and develop plans to address them.
- Lead a team of direct reports responsible for delivering projects that enable new features and functionality.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Preferably 4+ years of experience in Software Development.
- Well-versed in software pattern and software design.
- Has full understanding of SDLC processes and helping extend SDLC.
- Programming language polyglot, experience with multiple languages and to know which is the best for the job.
- Skillful in Unit Testing and BDD.
- Highly motivated self-learner.
- Savvy in NOSQL and multiple OLTP databases.
- Strong skills in Queues, PubSub and Data Streaming - for example: SQS/SNS, Kafka.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum, and Agile and Scrum related tools.
- Experience with SPA architecture, React, and Svelte.
- Experience with designing/developing serverless applications.
- Experience leading and growing a team.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Let your friend or colleague know to provide your full name and email when applying to the job. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
UVNV, Inc. has adopted a mandated vaccination policy to support the health and safety of our team members and our community. The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated. The Company will provide accommodations based on medical condition or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices. Please let us know if you’d like to discuss the policy or available accommodations before proceeding with our recruitment process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualification, experience, ability, and job performance.
In support of the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the range of starting pay for this role is $150,000 - $175,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, education, certifications, responsibility, and geographic location. We also offer a variety of benefits including health, disability insurance, 401 (k), flexible spending accounts, EAP, education reimbursement, parental leave, unlimited vacation, bonuses and company paid holidays. The specific programs and options available will vary depending on state, start date, and employment type. Our recruitment team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.