ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Data Analyst II to level up our Office of Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa!
The Data Analyst II is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role on the Data Science and Reporting Team that is responsible for the delivery of in-depth data analyses, reporting and visualization of key business processes and performance indicators with specialization in a business subject area. This position provides mentorship, thought leadership, and detailed analysis insight expertise to the team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Work with business stakeholders and data architects to enable analytical requirements through the extraction of data from both the Business Intelligence Semantic layer and source systems.
- Develop and present complex business data in easily consumed reports, dashboards, and visualizations.
- Support Data Science modeling efforts.
- Provide data impact analysis in support of planned changes in business processes.
- Contribute metadata to the Business Data Catalog.
- Partner with Data Stewards to document business processes and the CRUD impact to data within those processes.
- Assist teams in other departments with SQL related questions.
- Perform domain expertise for a specific domain (Product, Customer, Service).
- Perform one-off or ad-hoc analysis of complex business processes.
- Partner with Data Stewards and distributed business analysts to document business processes and the CRUD impact to data within those processes.
- Tableau visualization tool SME.
- Support Data Science modeling efforts.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 5+ years in a reporting and data analysis position.
- 5+ years working with relational database systems.
- 2+ years working with non-relational database systems.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills. Must be able to work within a team environment.
- Expert SQL query development skills.
- Advanced-level understanding of data extraction tools and techniques.
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Familiarity with Hive, Impala query constructs.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
- Programming experience and a demonstrated interest in statistical analysis, informatics, analytics, or business intelligence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one interaction, meeting/group.
- Wireless Telecommunications experience greatly preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Looker and Tableau preferred.
- ML Modeling skills to include proficiency in languages such as Python or SparkML preferred.
- Advanced-level understanding of a critical business function (Finance, Sales, Product, etc).
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.