ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Data Governance Architect I to level-up the Office of Enterprise Information Management Team in Costa Mesa!
The Data Governance Architect is a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) role within the Enterprise Information Management organization that is responsible for data quality assurance from various data sources to ensure data integrity and information usability for internal decision making. This is accomplished by applying data quality management principles in cross functional settings across both business and technical stakeholders. The Data Governance Architect will support the data governance program through interaction with various business data owners, data production system owners, and decision makers to develop and implement proactive data quality practices.
The Data Governance Architect will work with leadership and business units to understand information need, document strategic and operational needs, identify and remediate capability gaps, design tooling, and architect improvements to the landscape. You will work closely with other enterprise teams to define shared standards and practices and leverage common infrastructure and data security. This is an opportunity to interact with both technical partners (ETL developers, integration developers, data stewards, DBAs, architects), business partners, and leadership.
If you’re a hands-on, technical leader who’s capable of driving the design and assisting in documentation of business processes based on customer needs, data analysis, user stories and stakeholder feedback, you’re exactly who we’re seeking. Technical capabilities aside, if you’re a mission-driven strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills and creativity, who can work effectively both independently and as part of a team, you’re a perfect fit for our team.
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- As part of the data governance team to improve the information landscape, create information models, drive continuous improvement, implement new data sources, and lead/facilitate data-driven business projects.
- Oversee the support and enhancements of the Erwin data governance tools end to end including configuration of connectors, automation framework, and support for business/technical users.
- Lead the defining strategy for acquiring, storing, and governing data and exercises considerable latitude and initiative to solve technical, process, and issues with data.
- Lead the design of data quality monitoring against operational data sources and data lake/warehouse utilizing the Erwin data governance tools to ensure adherence to standards with continuous improvement goals.
- Lead meetings with key system owners to understand current data and systems environments, resolve source data issues, and refine transformation rules.
- Develop solutions to remediate data anomalies identified by automation and self-correcting data movement solutions.
- Understand and implement compliant solutions meeting regulatory and internal guidelines including securing the movement of sensitive information in a manner consistent with company policy.
- Work extensively with data analysts/architects to understand processes and models.
- Partner with internal teams to develop and support effective data/knowledge management solutions.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3+ years in a data governance, data management, and architectural roles.
- 3+ years of experience in a business analyst, process SME, or program leadership role.
- Experienced with Erwin Data Governance Tools.
- Deep understanding and technical capability for system design, data governance and business strategy, ability to translate strategy into desired outcomes.
- Expertise in multiple relevant topics such as data warehousing, master data management, data security, information design, analytics and data science, and knowledge management.
- Knowledge of data structures such as columnar, unstructured data, data lakes, APIs, and data virtualization, data warehousing, data visualization, predictive analytics, statistics, and analytic models.
- Experience with commercial solutions used for API management.
- Design/development experience with non-relational databases (NoSQL, Graph, Hadoop, S3/blob storage).
- Knowledge of the development and management required for ETL, ELT, REST, and SOAP implementations.
- Ability to work through a problem logically, identify root causes, provide practical effective solutions while being detail and process oriented.
- Excellent written, visual, and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with key business partners clearly and succinctly.
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations, effectively present information, and guide strategic discussions.
- A self-starter who can work without continuous supervision and is highly organized.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.