WE'RE AWESOME AND GROWING FAST!
Help us disrupt the wireless industry and have a blast doing it!
We are on the hunt for a rock-star Director, Digital Design to join our in-house creative agency. You will manage and direct our new digital team of UX/UI Web, Mobile and Digital Advertising (paid/organic). This is THE opportunity to develop break-through digital and have a direct impact on shaping our rising brands. Big moves and risk-taking are our norm; A-list celeb ✓ Superbowl TV spot ✓, Twitter battles ✓!
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Director, Digital Design you’ll work closely with our Creative, D2C and Brand mavens: You’ll collaborate with our talented designers, copywriters and animators to develop creative content for Mint Mobile. You’ll use your digital design acumen and creative thought leadership to deliver digital first, relevant, on-brand visual communications that resonate and engage our customers. If you have proven success in the digital landscape, having crushed it with digitally led omnichannel campaigns, we want to meet you. If you’re the kind of person that bookmarks unique and interesting digital experiences for later reference, this role is for you!
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Design and creative/visual concepts for digital marketing initiatives
- Guiding and creating digital designs that will attract and convert consumers
- Partnering with D2C team on dynamic ad creative, website refreshes, and 360 campaigns
- Reviewing/critiquing design across our specialty lanes for work that must be on-brand and meet marketing objectives.
- Driving continuity/cohesiveness between the 3 mediums: web, mobile and advertising
- Collaborating on digital campaigns and providing design direction for D2C deliverables
WHAT YOU BRING
- 8+ years of design and concepting for UX/UI web and mobile, as well as digital advertising (Banner ads, Emails, Blogs, Social, etc.) experience
- Managing a team of 6+ across multiple disciplines
- Ability and desire to collaborate across the agency and elevate digital creative work
- Strong understanding of the latest web technologies, desire and ability to keep abreast of innovative design trends, technologies and techniques and user-centered design
- Expert in Web Interface Design, Interaction Design
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) with an ability to communicate ideas to internal team members and present to clients when needed
- Meticulous attention to detail and brand standards ensuring only the best work
- Proficient and/or knowledgeable in wire-framing tools
- Proficient and/or knowledgeable in Sketch, Invision, Figma
- High degree of competency in Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Flash
- Understanding of the entire web development process, including design (UX & UI), development and deployment, with back-end knowledge
- Proficient in concepting and building interactive solutions in appropriate authoring tools
- Resourceful and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and solve problems
- Highly organized and able to switch tasks based on priority
- Extremely deadline oriented, adept at organizing and managing multiple projects
- Can provide a compelling and cutting-edge portfolio showcasing great digital design case studies of distinctive work is required at the time of submission
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email email@example.com.