ARE YOU LOOKING...
- To make a difference at the fastest growing company in America?
- For exemplary benefits and significant equity grants?
- To bring your dog to work, to have an executive chef prepare your lunch every day or enjoy unlimited vacation days?
- Forward to being a maverick in a highly-disruptive, celebrity-owned tech/communications company?
- To simply have a ton of fun?
You are not dreaming. This is a dream company to work for and we are located right here in OC.
WE ARE MINT MOBILE
We connect people to what’s most important in their lives: Easily, affordably and reliably. We strive to be California’s Preeminent Destination Employer. Oh yeah, we get it too! We understand what matters to you most. You’re an individual with unique needs, and we’re prepared to exceed any expectations you have for an ideal employer.
We’re smart, strategic, and get things done without a lot of red tape or unnecessary politics. Everyone matters here and everyone has a voice. Expect to spend your time contributing to projects that really matter. We obsess over the employee experience. To start, we provide some of the most competitive salary, benefits, family leave, vacation, retirement and equity options in Southern California. We believe in you and invest in you. Not just your career aspirations, but your life.
In addition, we’ve got a laundry list of perks you’ll brag about on insta -- Lunch every day prepared by our very own chef, healthy snacks, onsite gym, free massages, car wash services, and most importantly, a team atmosphere. We even raise the bar on well bars, including Espresso/Cappuccino/Nitro/Cold Brew/Kombucha Bar, Froyo Bar, Breakfast Bar, Snack Bar and a, well, you know, bar (after 5 pm).
And if you feel intrigued right now reading, imagine the co-workers we have already attracted. This is the kind of team you’ll want to take home to mom or invite to your kid’s next birthday party. This is the kind of close-knit community happening here. Come check out how you can be part of Mint!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for our next extraordinary Site Reliability Engineer - Software II to level up our TechOps Team!
As a Site Reliability Engineer - Software II, you have the mind of a software engineer and the soul of a systems administrator. You are the guardian angel of our systems infrastructure. You have no trouble communicating your take on problems that arise. Enterprise and network administration are in your DNA, and you have the blood test to prove it. (Or maybe just the experience. That works, too.). Your time would be split 50/50 between writing code and operationalizing infrastructure (aka scripting yourself out of a job).
Your usual day of awesomeness includes:
- Maintain the core infrastructure.
- Debug software at the code and infrastructure level.
- Software development to help support production code and bring automation to routine tasks.
- Collaborate with engineers in the deployment and scaling of new product features.
- Architect scalable, reliable solutions for business requirements.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Create documentation and diagrams of systems and processes.
- Investigate production incidents, help determine contributing factors, implement fixes, and write blameless postmortems.
- Architect, create, and implement automation into our SDLC.
- Be responsible for configuration management tools and monitoring strategy.
- Understand production call flows to support incident management.
- Help meet objectives for the business by interacting with other teams within the organization.
Technologies You’ll Work With
Required skills, in order of need and experience:
- NodeJS, Golang, Python
- GIT, CI/CD tools
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS (Lambdas, EC2, Kinesis, S3, Route53, RDS, Dynamo, and many others)
- Datadog, Bitbucket, Jira
- Web servers (Apache/Nginx/Varnish)
- NoSQL DBs
- SQL (RDS Aurora/MSSQL/PSQL)
- CM tools like Ansible
- HTTP, TLS/SSL
- Network routing and firewalls
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Software Engineering (NodeJS preferred).
- 5+ years of experience with scripting in Bash, Python.
- 2+ years of experience with designing/maintaining Linux based systems.
- 2+ years of experience with monitoring production systems.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS and Cloud Hosting.
- Understanding of system and network security best practices.
- Ability to express yourself clearly and work well with others.
- Self-direct and ability to take the lead when necessary.
- Monitoring/Alarming complex systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
- Highly collaborative with effective written and verbal communication skills.
OUR VALUES – LET’S MAKE LIFE ULTRA TOGETHER!
- Ownership: We are all owners; be the outcome and get the job done.
- Action Biased: Be brilliant, proactive, and act with urgency.
- Embrace the Adventure: Be agile, adaptive, and thrive on change.
- Invent and Simplify: Never accept good enough.
$1,000 REFERRAL BONUS
Take a look at this job description, if you are the right person, please apply. If Mint Mobile doesn't appear to be a fit for you, refer a friend or colleague and get $1,000. Just send us an email to email@example.com with 1) your name and 2) their resume or link to their LinkedIn page. If we hire them and they stay for 90 days, you get $1,000. For more details of restrictions and rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colorado Salary Range: