Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Senior Cost Analyst position provides financial leadership for the Operations team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining product standard costs, providing accurate operations performance reporting, and supporting the operations team with financial analysis. The Sr. Cost Analyst is expected to develop a strong understanding of the Mezzetta manufacturing, logistics, and purchasing processes, and how that translates into standard cost models, master data requirements, statistical reporting, and return on Capital Investment.
Establishing strong, collaborative relationships with departmental teams from R&D, Operations, Procurement, Logistics, Sales, and Finance will be critical to the success of the Senior Cost Analyst.
Business Analysis and Annual Projects (30%)
- Maintain current variance forecast models
- Support COGS budgeting adjustments
- Support the Annual Physical Count from a financial perspective
- Assist in process improvements in financial reporting and
- Identify new reporting needs to drive the business and coordinate with IT to develop sustainable reporting models –
- Responsible for supporting Inventory levels reporting and analysis
- Act as a business partner to the Operations team (participates in the team’s meetings; shares performance metrics; helps analyze performance opportunities).
- Perform daily and weekly cost variance, waste reporting for production
- Support the Weekly Manufacturing Performance review
- Lead weekly cycle count process and reporting and 3PL book to book reconciliation and adjustments
- Support the reporting for end of month results and operational variances
- Support end of month reclasses, accruals and reconciliations
Standard Cost Management (20%)
- Maintain all current BOM's and drive the BOM change process and ensure the BOMs match the Quality Specs
- Assist in the development of BOM's for new products
- Collaborate with R&D, Operations, Procurement, Sales, and Finance to establish accurate cost estimates for new products or existing product modifications
- Manage and maintain the Labor & Overhead standard cost model. Act as subject matter expert for the business with regards to model calculations and concepts.
Master Data Maintenance (20%)
- Act as the gatekeeper for all Master Data changes.
- Create and maintain clear SOP's for Master Data requirements.
- Manage the Master Data update process and lead Master Data process flow enhancements
- Accurately establish master data for all new items
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with relevant experience is preferred
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles, GAAP
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Ability to collaborate and work with others across multiple departments
- Proficient in Excel, Word & Outlook
- SQL basic knowledge is preferred
- Experience in Macola ERP is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation
- Office environment in a production building; requires ability to navigate stairs on a daily basis
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.