Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Senior IT Helpdesk Administrator ensures reliable and ready access to workstations, printers, phones, email and network resources by:
- Ensuring proper department wide use of the Help Desk
- Providing first line support and solution identification to end users
- Handling all aspects of Desktop, Laptop, Phone, and Printers
- Administering user accounts, groups and security
- Directing and managing vendors to complete projects
- Supervise and mentor temporary Tier 1 Help Desk staff when needed
Audit and Controls
- Ensure Help Desk SLAs and policies are followed by all members of the IT team, through monitoring, assisting, and holding the team accountable to the agreed standards and process
- Assist in periodic Audits and or upgrades to existing systems
- Audit Leased equipment, Phone Bills, Licensing and other recurring but variable spend against correct users and approved budget
Maintain and Support
- Provide first line support for end users, to identify, investigate, and resolve users problems with computer software and hardware. Communicates with calls, Teams chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding software programming, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns. When necessary escalates issues to other members of the IT team.
- Triage, prioritize and assign Help Desk tickets. Consults with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem. Guides users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes, which may include use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
- Manage and monitor IT equipment Leases and spend to budget
- Manage the Workstation, Laptop, Printer and parts inventory, replacing aged systems and reordering equipment in consultation with the IT Operations Manager
- Manage the consumables and miscellaneous inventory, ensuring adequate supplies and reordering (within guidelines) as needed
- Day to day administration of Active Directory user accounts.
- Ensure consistent and reliable computing environment using Intune, and thorough, repeatable practices when deploying new equipment.
- Support user extensions on the Teams phone system and deploying new lines, phones and headsets as needed
- Continually improve internal IT Help Desk documentation and procedures to ensure consistency, information sharing and cross training within the IT team Perform occasional off-hours support, upgrades and changes to systems as needed
- Collaborate on broader IT projects, missions and goals
- Execute projects using appropriate project Initiation, Execution, and Reporting tools and practices to ensure on time, and on budget deliveries of significant work.
- Manage Vendors to Execute projects or supplement internal resources, ensuring on time and on budget delivery
- Continually improve internal IT documentation and procedures to ensure consistency, information sharing and cross training within the IT team
- Process IT department PO’s, audit and ensure proper GL coding, and monitor spend to Budget
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a help desk and user support role
- Experience in the CPG industry and working in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience supporting systems in an Azure/AWS (cloud computing) environment
- Experience managing end user devices with Intune, Autopilot, SCCM, or other End Point Management tool
- Experience with Teams integrated phone systems
- Experience with and ability to supervise others when needed
- Excellent customer service / customer advocate experience and ability
- Experience managing vendors and contractors to deliver results
- Two years of college or equivalent post-high school education or experience
- A+, Net+, Windows Server, Exchange, Azure, and or VMWare certifications a plus
- Solid understanding of Windows 10 in an Active Directory domain environment
- Computer hardware troubleshooting experience (Laptop / Desktop) required
- Excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Proven experience and ability to prioritize incoming work based on current business needs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Active directory Groups, Users, and security experience preferred
- Microsoft Exchange experience preferred
- Windows Server 2008/2012 experience preferred
- Experience with Office365 preferred
- Occasional need to travel to other SF Bay Area sites (i.e. Larkspur office, offsite special events)
- Must be able to lift computers
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.