Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
Based at our American Canyon, CA HQ, the Sr. IT Business Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Business Applications and is a blend of traditional Business Analyst, and Project Lead disciplines. This person will use their high level of expertise to consult and collaborate with business stakeholders, IT team, and other third parties to develop, deliver, and optimize Mezzetta’s business process and application capabilities.
The Sr. IT Business Analyst will serve as a primary business applications liaison for Mezzetta’s business user community. This role ensures the company’s business support needs and business requirements are met and are in alignment with Mezzetta’s ERP systems Roadmap.
The Sr. IT Business Analyst will be called upon to learn and understand Mezzetta’s business applications and processes, then to act as an IT partner/ expert to business. To lead projects, design solutions, lead implementations, to configure applications, and to contribute to the company’s overall business strategy, development, and innovation. This successful individual will possess qualities that inspire collaboration and trust, with the ability to support and influence cross functional business and IT teams.
Accountability #1 – Business Application and Process Support
To ensure Mezzetta receives maximum value from its business applications and systems, the Sr. IT Business Analyst is required to understand, support, lead improvements efforts for both applications and related business processes, and to champion community system adoption and proper use. Important duties involved with this role include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for owning Mezzetta’s business applications and supporting processes of various business functions.
- Partners with ERP stakeholders and IT team members to plan and execute key projects and business priorities.
- The ability to manage concurrent enhancements and to respond to changes in business priority.
- Works closely with functional business managers and users to analyze business needs, business processes, define requirements, design, and implement solutions.
- Works with all stakeholders to provide solution options, tradeoffs, raising issues/roadblocks for resolution and providing quality deliverables as defined by the project scope.
- Responsible for leading functional and technical design, development configuration, and implementation of ERP system modules, functions, and/or interfaces.
- Responsible for all stages of solution design, development, and implementation.
- Delivers high-quality solutions according with agreed upon project scope, budget, and timelines.
- Able to take the initiative to drive projects to successful delivery and completion.
Accountability #2 – Applications and Systems Ownership / Communications
As the owner of many IT business applications and systems, the Sr. IT Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the systems and finding ways to leverage of its use, opportunities, and benefits. Important duties involved with this function include but are not limited to:
- Ensures clear and timely communication with ERP stakeholders to ensure that needs are understood and that solutions provided meet those needs within Mezzetta parameters.
- Collaborate with the business partners to identify new opportunities to improve processes and implement new systems and solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of new Applications as required.
- Leads and guides cross-functional team members in definition and documentation of processes, detailed requirements gathering, develops functional specifications, test plans/ cases, deployment planning, and legacy application changes.
- Coordinate the activities of Developers/Vendors to execute new systems, functions, or interfaces.
- Keeps ERP and other stakeholder management teams abreast of significant issues or developments identified during routine activities and actions taken to solve or improve the situation.
- Leads and coordinates unit, integration, and user acceptance testing efforts for assigned projects.
- Ensures application compliance to development, security, and documentation standards.
- Implement and configure applications in line with requirements and business needs.
- Assists with resources planning throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate on IT projects, missions, and goals.
- Accountable for timely project updates on progress.
- Collaborate on IT projects, missions, and goals.
Accountability #4 – System Administration
As the administrator of these systems, the Sr. IT Business Analyst is responsible for coordinating upgrades, patches. and maintenance (with support from others as needed), and any user permission and setup maintenance. Important duties involved with this function include but are not limited to:
- Manage, coordinate updates or patches in support of business applications and systems.
- Manage, coordinate application specific user account administration, new user setup and changes.
- Troubleshooting user logon / access / permission issues.
- Manage, coordinate application security administration and configuration.
- Assist in occasional, off-hours support, upgrades, and changes to systems.
Accountability #5 - Development / Values / Aspirations
- Accountable for exercising tact and discretion in internal and external interpersonal contacts while respecting confidentiality of privileged information.
- Commitment to continued personal and professional growth and skills development.
- Demonstrates Company Values and Aspirations in daily work life, internal and external interactions.
- Serves as a Mezzetta Ambassador in understanding and promoting company products within spheres of influence.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business / Computer Applications, or equivalent experience, Masters a plus.
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in CPG food / beverage industry with hands-on ERP systems support and related initiative delivery.
- 3 – 5 years’ hands-on experience with ERP system setup and implementation.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and time for self.
- Business Process and Requirements documentation skills, including familiarity with Use Cases Functional Requirements, Test Cases and SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Familiarity with TSQL and comfort with querying SQL Server databases.
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting moderate to complex ERP related operational issues and coordinating cross functional department responses to deliver solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-orientation. Must be able to priorities and focus effort appropriately.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written communication skills, with a history of successful internal and external interactions, at all levels.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.