Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking a Staff Platform Engineer who has seasoned familiarity with serverless backend development. Our Platform engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser, to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem.
You want the web to compete with native platforms on every level; from building compelling experiences to maintenance, usability, and distribution. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to engage in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences. You are comfortable navigating ambiguous situations.
- Have 7+ years of experience working with a variety of server-side and cloud technologies – Java 11+, AWS, Node
- Experience with stream processing – Flink, Kafka, Spark Streaming
- Strong RDBMS experience with Change Data Capture ( CDC )
- Have 3+ years of experience working with TypeScript
- Seasoned familiarity and experience with serverless computing
- Hands on experience with microservices and event-driven architectures
- Comfortable familiarity with AWS CDKSolid proficiency with the creation, utilization, and lifecycle of AWS LambdasExperience with NoSQL data stores – AWS DynamoDB – and ETL
- Have applied experience with Amazon SQS
- Familiarity with AWS Cognito authentication and identity management
- Strong familiarity with RESTful and API design best practices
- Highly self-motivated, engaging, investigative, and collaborative
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Abundant, flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"
Colorado Applicants (Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Disclosure): The starting salary range for this role to be performed in Colorado is estimated to be between $140,000 to $170,000 annually. This salary range is specific to Colorado residents only, and provided as a general estimate. The amount offered may be higher or lower. Method takes many factors into making an offer, including candidate qualifications, work experience, operational needs, travel and onsite requirements, internal peer equity, prevailing wage, responsibilities, and other market and business considerations.
New York City Applicants (New York City Local Law 32; Pay Transparency Law): The starting salary range for this role to be performed in New York City is from $140,000 to $170,000. This salary range is specific to New York City residents only, and provided as a general, good faith estimate. The amount offered may be higher or lower. Method takes many factors into making an offer, including candidate qualifications, work experience, operational needs, travel and onsite requirements, internal peer equity, prevailing wage, responsibilities, and other market and business considerations.