We are seeking an entrepreneurial and highly motivated Director, Program Management. Reporting to the Vice President, Program Management and Business Operations, the Director, Program Management will play a crucial role in driving product strategy and execution for Metagenomi’s wholly owned and partnered programs. You will also have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the company’s organizational process and governance. This role will be based in Emeryville, California.
How you'll contribute
The Director, Program Management will be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of Metagenomi's research and preclinical/clinical development programs. Success in this role requires strong drug development experience, excellent communication skills, and team leadership in a highly dynamic and rapidly growing organization. As the "COO" of the Product Strategy Team, you will be responsible for driving the development of the program strategy and development plan while ensuring cross-functional alignment, in order to successfully advance the program to the next milestone.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include:
- As team COO, partner with Project Leaders to drive the development of product strategy and execution from preclinical to filing, approval and launch
- Management of cross-functional project teams, establishing team goals, set strategic directions and operational plans for assigned programs
- Development and ownership of project timelines, budget, risks, and communication
- Alliance Management of partnered programs, ensure set up of governance, facilitate communication and promote cordial and highly effective collaborations
- Support JSC/JPT operations and budget development and approval
- Liaise between Project Strategy Team and PRC to facilitate portfolio reviews and timely program decision making
- Project management support of key functional areas and interactions with external development partners and key collaborators as needed
- Lead or key contributor of business process improvement initiatives and governance process development and implementation
- Undergraduate degree in the life sciences, advanced degree preferred
- Ten years of biopharma Program Management experience in drug development, cell, gene or advanced therapeutics, with at least three years in a leadership role
- Demonstrated program management leadership in a cross-functional setting through different development phases
- Early development experience supporting Development Candidate nomination and IND submission is highly desirable
- Demonstrated track record of complex cross-functional and functional planning
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate to a wide range of audience
- The ability to lead and influence cross-functional team members, peers, subject matter experts, and management
- Command of PM tools to efficiently translate strategy into actionable plans
- Proficient in the identification of critical paths and risks. Drive early resolution of constraints and issues
- Demonstrated track record of developing high-performing teams.
The anticipated base salary range for this position will be $209,000 - $245,000 depending on the exact level of the role. As this role is open to candidates with a wide range of skills and experience, the exact salary will be dependent on the specific level of the position. We value transparency and will make every effort to provide you with a succinct explanation for how the final salary within this range is determined.
Metagenomi is a gene editing company committed to developing potentially curative therapeutics by leveraging a proprietary toolbox of next-generation gene editing systems to accurately edit DNA where current technologies cannot. Our metagenomics-powered discovery platform and analytical expertise reveal novel cellular machinery sourced from otherwise unknown organisms. We adapt and forge these naturally evolved systems into powerful gene editing systems that are ultra-small, extremely efficient, highly specific and have a decreased risk of immune response. These systems fuel our pipeline of novel medicines and can be leveraged by partners. Our goal is to revolutionize gene editing for the benefit of patients around the world. For more information, please visit https://metagenomi.co/.
What makes Metagenomi a unique place to work?
- We are passionate about developing technologies derived from microbial-rich ecosystems that have the power to enable therapeutic development and the potential to cure devastating disease.
- We have cultivated an amazing culture that values teamwork, curiosity, scientific rigor, and fun. We have a strong commitment to work/life balance, host a weekly employee happy hour and events, provide catered lunches and endless snacks, and more!
- We offer competitive compensation including a market-benchmarked salary, annual target bonus, equity in an early-stage startup, and a comprehensive benefits plan, including 401(k) matching, a retirement safe harbor plan, and other perks.
At Metagenomi, we know that our people drive our success. We are an equal-opportunity employer and believe in and value diversity and inclusion. Metagenomi provides an open, collegial, and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term careers. Metagenomi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Please note, all candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants/Employees have rights under various State and Federal Employment Laws, including
Notice to agencies: Our in-house Talent Acquisition Team manages all employment opportunities at Metagenomi. Agencies and independent recruiters must be approved as a vendor by Metagenomi’s Talent Acquisition team. To protect the interests of all parties, Metagenomi will not accept unsolicited resumes, profiles, or biographies. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Metagenomi will be considered referrals and the property of Metagenomi.