Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
As Internal Communications Manager, your role will be to help inform, engage and connect Mercari employees across our rapidly growing organization. You will lead in the development and execution of strategic internal communications programs designed to educate, empower and inspire Mercarians to action. You are an exceptional writer and natural storyteller who can perform well under pressure and time-constraints. You can draft compelling, engaging and authentic narratives across all mediums for a variety of stakeholders and different audiences. You are a creative problem-solver who can see the big picture and make suggestions for how to improve our existing internal communications tools and channels.
You have excellent judgment and a strong sense of Mercari’s brand voice, core values and culture. You ask thoughtful questions so you can quickly assess a situation and develop appropriate communications to support internal initiatives. This is a highly cross-functional role where you will work closely with various teams including Marketing, People & Culture, Product, Finance, Legal and executives. You’re a team player and you work exceptionally well with colleagues at all levels.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute comprehensive internal communications programs that align with company goals, objectives and employee needs
- Partner closely with the People & Culture team, executives and cross-functional business leaders to develop internal communications strategies and plans
- Write and develop messaging around a variety of topics including company-wide strategies, announcements, All-Hands presentations, executive talking points, FAQs and intranet content
- Lead the development and strategy around new and existing communications channels
- Identify opportunities to share key milestones, business updates, cross-functional projects, DEI programs, and people & culture initiatives with the broader company
- Ensure consistency of messages across all internal communications channels
- Day-to-day management of our intranet and internal communications tools
What you’ll need:
- At least 8 years of internal communications experience, including organizational, crisis and executive communications (preferably in-house)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Strong relationship building skills and a track-record of working with executives and cross-functional colleagues in marketing, people & culture, product, legal, finance, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a knack for storytelling and the ability to translate difficult concepts into simple and compelling messaging for any audience
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously; the ability to develop effective communications under time-constraints, including crisis situations
- Experience writing for a range of executives and internal stakeholders; well-versed in crafting messaging for all mediums including Slack, email, presentations, video scripts and in-person talking points
- Experience working with people & culture teams to manage DEI programs
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically in order to connect with and inspire a diverse audience
- Global internal communications experience and/or prior experience at a tech company
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Remote-first workplace
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k match
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- New parent paid leave
- Rocket Lawyer legal services
- Fond perks and rewards
- Time when you need it - Flexible vacation days