Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
At Mercari, great ideas have a way of becoming innovative products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
We’re looking for a Senior Editor who shares in our vision of creating a world where useful things are used. You will lead the way in bringing our brand voice to life, creating a consistent, distinct, human approach to communicating the what, why, and how of Mercari.
You think in narratives, can translate complex concepts into simple language, can immerse yourself in an end-to-end consumer journey, and craft long and short form copy across channels and touchpoints. The role reports to the Director of Brand, Creative, and Design, and will play a key role in owning and shaping this voice.
From marketing copy to UX, it’s an opportunity to work with apps, notifications, web, and email and collaborate on cutting edge products and technologies across those touch points. You’ll work with marketing, product, and design teams, as well as our agency partners, to build out the experience of Mercari’s marketplace app in the U.S. and fuel its continued growth.
- A born editor who can shape outstanding content in a fast-moving, creative environment
- A copywriter who knows how to engage, influence, and delight an audience
- Fluent in content strategy and how to connect it to a customer life cycle by creating and rolling out narratives for a variety of moments in a variety of channels
- A strategic thinker who loves to collaborate and coach writers on how to create a consistent, distinct brand voice
- Able to partner with UX and product teams to develop in-product copy for mobile apps, as well as usability and user testing
- A writer equally comfortable writing product and web content to support SEO as you are in web copy and promotional emails
- A leader who can manage and build a content team that owns the voice across the organization - you’ll actively partner and collaborate with groups across Mercari to ensure copy and tone consistency across all touchpoints
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English or Communications
- 8+ years of copywriting/editorial experience in a consumer tech, agency, startup, or marketing environment, ideally for a mobile applications
- Top level portfolio/writing samples showing range, breadth, and depth of voice and tone
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience A/B and multivariate testing for copy a strong plus
- Extreme flexibility and ability to navigate the constantly changing world of a startup
- Ability to collaborate with the team and other departments in the office
- Very strong multi tasking and project management skills in a fast-paced environment
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401k match
- Life & disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- New parent paid leave
- Rocket Lawyer legal services
- Fond perks and rewards
- Time when you need it - flexible vacation days