Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or buy) almost anything. We all have things we don’t use, never used or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new listings every day, we're just getting started.
The ideal candidate is eager to take on increasing responsibilities while working with stakeholders prototyping and designing new features and preferably has the experience to develop an end-to-end machine learning system in production.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working closely with Growth and Marketing teams helping design and build machine learning models utilizing massive amounts of data.
- Use machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing to make models across recommendation, search, image recognition and so on.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Industry experience building and producing innovative end-to-end Machine Learning systems.
- Experience working on production machine learning systems at scale, data mining, ranking, recommendations, and/or natural language processing.
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high-performance production quality code. High proficiency in Python, Java, Scala or other equivalent languages.
- Solid Experience with machine learning libraries - Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, or other related ML libraries
- 5+ years experience with end-to-end machine learning projects
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with TensorFlow, Deeplearning4j, or related deep learning libraries.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Apache Beam a plus.
- Experience with developing microservices with docker and kubernetes to serve machine learning models.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform / Amazon Web Services.
Recent Engineering Achievements:
- At Go Bold Days (internal hackathon), we created instant listings where you can list an item with full details by just taking one picture.
- We built a data pipeline to analyze the status, weight, and cost of every item shipped on Mercari, and a machine learning model to suggest the best shipping options for sellers. This reduced shipping mistakes by over half.
- We also built a price scanner where you can get an estimate of the item price by pointing your phone's camera to it.
Technologies We Use
- Distributed Processing: Apache Beam/Apache Spark
- Cloud: Google Cloud(BigQuery/ML Engine/Google Dataflow/Google Dataproc, etc.)\
- Database: Google Datastore/MySQL/Google Spanner
- API: gRPC/Tensorflow Serving/Flask(REST)
- Container: Docker/Kubernetes
- Machine Learning: Tensorflow/Keras/Scikit-Learn, etc.
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Time when you need it - Unlimited vacation days
- Team outings and events