Menyala is venture building team founded by Temasek, a global investment firm headquartered in Singapore. Menyala has a 2-pronged mission:
- Create repeatable methodology and capabilities to turn ideas into scalable industry-leading ventures through disruptive technologies and business models, with an initial focus on decentralized technologies
- Launch pioneering ventures that drive exponential value for people in a new wave of previously unimaginable businesses through disruptive technologies and business models.
- General counsel to Menyala and its ventures
- Drafting and reviewing legal documentation in relation to business processes, NDAs, employment agreements, partnership contracts, licensing agreements, investment agreements and MOU and other legal documents required for technology services and product
- Support group wide internal legal functions: HR, operations, corporate secretarial, trademarks, Intellectual property, data protection, data privacy, cybersecurity.
- Advising on Licensing requirements across all contracts
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing legal documents and contracts.
- Engaging and managing external counsels when necessary.
Key Professional Requirements
- Minimum of LLB (Bachelor of Laws) from a reputable university.
- Minimum 8 years of experience practicing law in a Singapore or international law firm.
- In-house experience in a technology/Start up company. Bonus if the candidate has exposure in a Web 3.0 space.
- Background in TMT, corporate law, intellectual property rights, M&A, and/or compliance.
- Comfortable with considering and solving a wide variety of legal issues on a day-to-day basis, leading negotiations, working with international partners, and conceptualize business and legal concerns in new areas of law and tec
- In-depth knowledge of administrative law and procedures
- Preferably, familiar with regulatory law including data protection, data privacy laws, cyber security