VP, Research & Insights
Mtelligence is a horizontal consultancy here at M Booth that provides research and data solutions for clients across the agency, delivering solutions ranging from quantitative and qualitative, and working in tandem with colleagues on digital research and analytics. Our work leads to sharp strategies and insights and informs our clients’ corporate, brand, communications, and efficiency & effectiveness strategies. So, if you enjoy telling stories through data and are Interested in solving client challenges with data, then this is the right role for you.
- Oversee development of client programs and preparing research proposals, both to internal and external clients who need marketing and communication services.
- Oversee and run primary research projects (quantitative and qualitative).
- Ability to manage research projects from end-to-end: designing a research approach that aligns with clients’ goals; execute the research including client management, process management and partner management; then provide insightful, actionable deliverables helping clients to understand the findings and how to use them.
- In-depth knowledge of surveys from sample design to advanced statistical analyses such as segmentations and regression analysis.
- Manage budgets and teams on sizable accounts with responsibility for profitability, incremental growth, quality of account service and employee development.
- Understand clients’ objectives and ensure research and insights deliverables meet those needs - and teaching junior staff how to see the bigger picture.
- Engage with clients as a strategic advisor.
- Have a visible role within the agency and host training sessions that educate industry groups on research and measurement offerings.
- Grow and mentor junior staff and manage staff on all projects to achieve individual financial goals.
- 6-10 years of research experience
- Strong client service and management skills
- Teamwork and the ability to work with staff across a variety of offices and time zones is important
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong statistical, writing, and public speaking/presentation skills
- Primary and secondary research experience and sample design knowledge
- Strong project management skills (budget management, timing, etc.)
- Secondary databases, such as YouGov, Canvas8, comScore, Quid, MRI
- Ability to identify and vet new vendor partners as well as new research methodologies
- Ability to develop insights and strategic opportunities from data, including secondary, primary and in collaboration with analytics team;
- Manage budgets for client and agency projects, from estimates to oversight of final billing and hours allocation;
- Supervise and mentor junior team members to ensure they are exposed to expanded versions of existing tools, as well as new and more sophisticated resources.