About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
We are seeking a Director of Talent Acquisition who will be responsible for the strategy, direction, and execution of the company’s talent acquisition function. Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources, this individual will be responsible for building and leading the talent organization as business needs evolve. The leader will be a key member HR leadership team, which plays an essential role in setting the overall strategic direction of the company.
Your Impact Includes:
- Serve as our thought leader / strategist regarding all talent acquisition matters
- Actively recruits impact-obsessed talent to Maze through direct outreach, external partners, and other methods
- Work closely with key stakeholders (Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners, Finance, external search firms, Immigration counsel) to develop talent acquisition strategies to support growth and high-performance while aligned to our culture values, and leadership principles.
- Develop a thoughtful and effective talent acquisition strategy, initiatives and processes that enables our ability to attract and hire a high-performing and diverse workforce
- Works with Leadership Team and HR to establish diversity recruitment roadmap
- Creates a high-quality hiring experience for top tier candidates and hiring managers
- Curates Maze’s employer branding and elevates Maze’s presence on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, etc. to ensure we are authentically represented in the market
- Enhance and leverage technology to improve candidate experience and quality and personal productivity
- Leads Maze’s internship program
- Collects, analyzes, and present data leveraging analytics to identify and areas for improvement
- Is the point person for all immigration related employer/employee actions and works closely with our external legal immigration firm to resolve issues that arise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 10+ years' Talent Acquisition & Recruitment experience
- Strong project management and program management experience with experience delivering company-wide projects or initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across an organization
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and translate these concepts into initiatives and operations
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and strategic networks, influence key stakeholders and build consensus around decision-making and problem solving
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills with the ability to respond effectively to changing priorities and demands
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is $223,500 - $228,000. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.