About Maze Therapeutics
Maze is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company harnessing the power of human genetics to transform the lives of patients through the development of a pipeline of novel precision medicines for patients with genetically defined diseases. Maze is leveraging Compass™, a proprietary, end-to-end purpose built platform to advance a pipeline of precision medicines across four disease areas - renal, cardiac, neurological and metabolic diseases. Our flexible business model aims to translate our genetic insights into new therapies for patients as possible.
Maze is comprised of a team of passionate and creative professionals committed to discovering and delivering transformative medicines to patients suffering from both rare and common genetic diseases. We are fostering a culture that encourages vision, initiative and the development of talent. Our supportive work environment inspires creative thinking and freedom of expression, resulting in a stimulating atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work. While we have a passion for advanced science and pride ourselves on excellence in execution, ultimately, everything we do is about patients.
Our Core Values
Further Together – Our path is paved with challenges, but with resilience and a team-first mentality, we’ll achieve our mission.
Impact Obsessed – We embrace the bold, take calculated risks, and learn from our mistakes to improve the lives of others.
Stand True – Our integrity is foundational; it guides us no matter the obstacle.
The Stem Cell Biology team is seeking talented and highly motivated researcher with experience in molecular and cellular biology to contribute to projects developing stem cell models for drug discovery for a variety of therapeutic areas. The successful candidate will have extensive expertise in maintaining, characterizing, and differentiating human pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs/hESCs) into various lineages, e.g. neuronal, renal, and cardiac. Additional experience with CRISPR gene editing, assay development, and high throughput screening is preferred. As a core member of the stem cell group, you will work independently on experiments using cutting edge functional genomics and biological methods. This is an exciting interdisciplinary role in a dynamic cross-functional team that will contribute directly to the identification of new targets and the design and validation of novel disease-modifying therapeutics.
Your Impact Includes:
- Maintain and differentiate human iPSCs into various lineages (i.e., neuronal, cardiac, renal) for drug and target discovery programs.
- Establish and scale hiPSC differentiation protocols using 2D and 3D organoid cultures.
- Analyze stem cell cultures and their derivatives using wide range of assays including ELISA, q-PCR, single cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, confocal microscopy, and high content imaging.
- Generate CRISPR engineered hiPSCs and optimize hiPSCs for CRISPR screens.
- Contribute to in vitro assay design and optimization.
- Collaborate closely with other scientists, bioinformaticians, and computational biologists.
- Present findings and data analysis in research meetings
- B.S. or M.S. degree in life science with 6+ years’ experience working with stem cells or PhD with relevant laboratory experience
- Demonstrated experience optimizing human iPSC differentiation, preferably in a drug discovery or industry setting.
- Experience working with renal, myeloid, or neuronal cells is preferred.
- Strong cell culture skills and an understanding of CRISPR gene editing is essential.
- Demonstrated motivation to stay up-to-date on current stem cell techniques and protocols.
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment.
The expected salary range for this role for employees located in the San Francisco bay area is located below. Additionally, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus.
Scientist I $116,000 - $130,000
Scientist II $128,500 - $138,500
Maze performs position-based compensation benchmarking to industry market data to ensure we pay competitive wages. Determination of starting salary will depend upon a variety of job-related factors, which may include professional experience, skills and job location. The expected salary range for this role may be modified in the future.
Maze offers a robust benefits package to our eligible employees including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health offerings, equity incentive plan, 401(k) program with employer match and a generous holiday and PTO policy.