May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Test Engineers @ May
Test Engineers serve as key stakeholders in the R&D process, planning and executing tests for the software and hardware that goes into our autonomous vehicles. May uses a variety of requirements-based testing techniques to accomplish this. Since we operate in a relatively new space, Test Engineers often have to get creative to get the job done, pioneering new processes along the way. Our testing touches both R&D for future systems and quality validation of deployed products. The SW Test Engineer will report to our Test and Validation Manager.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success:
- Contribute to the design and execution of May’s hardware-in-the-loop test bench to validate safety critical components
- Integrate hardware and software systems to enable a test environment to induce fault conditions
- Develop and execute comprehensive, well-structured, test software for May’s autonomous vehicle HIL bench
- Analyze test results to generate reports and interpret results to ensure compliance with quality standard
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable engineering field
- 3-5 years experience testing complex safety-critical systems involving software and hardware, preferably in an automotive context
- Capable of developing and deploying C++ and/or Python code in large codebases
- Capable of automating the test environment
- Experience designing and executing tests in a SIL/HIL environment (HML)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and plan test requests
- Strong communication skills on technical and non-technical levels
- Familiarity with product and software life cycles
- Valid driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
- Master’s degree in an applicable engineering field
- Experience using Git
- Experience working with CAN and Ethernet networks
- Experience testing vehicles or autonomous robotic systems
- Previous contributions to engineering processes
- Experience using Linux-based operating systems
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.