May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Senior Accountant to add to our Finance team. We are looking for a candidate that can build and scale new processes, maximize the use of our recently implemented ERP system, and work cross-functionally. This role reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Ensure integrity of accounting information and proper documentation
- Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, analyses, account reconciliations, and assist with monthly close process
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences
- Manage fixed assets and ensure that capital expenditures are recorded appropriately
- Work with supply chain and engineering teams to ensure proper inventory accounting and bill of materials tracking for shuttle builds
- Assist with financial statement preparation and audits
- Provide reports and analytics for external and internal presentations
- Support on other special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Minimum 2 years working in corporate accounting/finance or public accounting
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to diplomatically approach team members to discuss sensitive financial matters
- Ability to use professional judgement to escalate matters when necessary
- Flexibility and ability to display sound judgment while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Netsuite ERP
- Public accounting experience
- Experience working in an automotive company or manufacturing company
- Master’s degree in Accounting
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful equity incentives
- Medical / dental / vision / 401(k)
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.