May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Business Development Analyst to grow our business and source, develop, and close commercial opportunities for our transportation service. This role will report to the Director of Sales and Channel Management and have the opportunity to work with stakeholders across Customer Success, Operations, Product, and Engineering.
- Build a qualified pipeline by finding new opportunities for May Mobility and defining which partners to engage and how to engage them.
- Meet with prospects and external stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges. Present May Mobiliy’s solutions and report key learnings back to internal stakeholders.
- Own, design and execute business development deals. Will require development of supporting materials throughout the sales lifecycle and ability to define compelling win-win partnerships that drive prospects further down the funnel.
- Lead negotiation, drafting of agreements and definition of partnership terms.
- Source RFP and grant opportunities. Work with key internal stakeholders including Director of Sales and Channel Management, Director of Policy and Advocacy, product and engineering teams to write and submit compelling project applications.
- Develop strategic recommendations, targeting strategies and business proposals that grow May’s business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business development, sales or transportation or urban planning
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Have demonstrable big “wins” from prior roles
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel within assigned region approximately 25-50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
Desirable Qualifications (not required)
- Passionate about the autonomous vehicle space
- Strong understanding of mobility patterns and trends
- Experience with grant writing or RFP writing
- Exposure to working with local, state, regional, or federal government agencies
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.