May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
As a Bill of Materials (BOM)/Work Orders Coordinator you would be responsible to organize and audit the bill of materials, keep the information up to date and to create work orders in our ERP to meet production demand. The role is responsible for having a high level of interaction across all departments to ensure the completion of the bill of materials in a timely, efficient, and detailed manner.
Responsibilities & Goals:
- Responsible for reviewing Bills of Materials and maintaining existing Bills of Materials in May Mobility's PLM system.
- Responsible for creating Assemblies and Work Orders in May Mobility's ERP System (Netsuite)
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Bills of Materials.
- Responsible for handling change control in the PLM, Excel Spreadsheets and Netsuite ERP
- Become fully competent in using the Bill of Materials maintenance and reports in PLM and ERP systems.
- Work with Program Managers, Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing teams to ensure that the BOM has the correct structure as well as the correct components and quantities in the ERP system.
- Responsible for Bill of Materials accuracy and completeness, specifically: BOM linkages, Routings, BOM types, and shrinkage, etc.
- Become proficient in setting up new options and/or create rules to support various build configurations.
- Assist Finance, Purchasing, Production and Engineering as needed in building and/or troubleshooting issues in ERP system
- Support engineering and prototype staff during the design and prototype phase of new product development
- Maintain and improve the cost accounting system; ensure procedures are followed for item cost maintenance.
- Prepare weekly reports as required to support production and profit analysis.
- Work with Launch/Program/Manufacturing teams to ensure change information is shared with the proper manufacturing teams/sites.
- Support accounting, purchasing, and manufacturing during inventory counts
- Perform special cost analysis, prepare reports, and other related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure content of BOM / Timing is always up to date.
- Validate the data and confirm it is aligned with vehicle content, assumptions, and Program milestones.
- Engage with Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Finance teams to resolve issues.
- Prepare executive summaries and escalate issues.
Required Experience (Quantitative):
- Extensive experience with Netsuite ERP in a manufacturing setting including assemblies, work orders, material management, inventory and scheduling
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ERP/PLM tools and processes
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Bill of Materials
- Technical knowledge of product structure and processes
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder requirements and relationships
Preferred Experience (Qualitative):
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a commitment to engineering excellence and data-driven decision making
- Works well on projects on their own as well as with a team, able to clearly communicate ideas
- Passionate about the automotive industry
- Self-driven with a concentration on execution. Likes to be accountable for their own work
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem solving
Benefits and Perks
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- 401K match
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.