Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous shuttles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Arlington, Texas, Hiroshima, Japan and Indianapolis, Indiana navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to add to our Finance team. This role will be crucial in helping to tackle the company’s most important strategic questions including business planning, go-to-market strategy, and key investment decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst will support leaders across multiple business units (Product, Technology, Operations, Sales & Marketing) as well as company C-suite. We are looking for a candidate that will bring a fresh perspective and provide thought partnership to the leadership team and cross functional business partners. This role will report to the Director of FP&A and CFO.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist business leaders with development of the short term operating budget and long range plan, including capital budget and financial forecasts
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop, update, and continuously improve robust budgets and forecasts
- Analyze financial and operational results to understand and report on KPIs, variance to forecast, variance to budget, and underlying causes for business performance.
- Develop financial projections, pro forma financial statements, and other analyses (e.g. NPV, breakeven, make vs. buy, payback, etc.) for new business cases
- Explain accounting logic, calculation methodology, and benchmarking used in financial models to internal and external audiences
- Understand and monitor market trends to inform strategic direction and identify future growth opportunities for the organization
- Formulate data-driven insights from a variety of sources into professional content for internal / external stakeholders.
- Assist with development of pricing models for new revenue streams as our business evolves and matures
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of finance and analytical skills at a tech company, investment banking, venture capital, management consulting, or similar
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong understanding of financial models, valuation methodology and business models
- Creative ability to use charts, tables, and graphics to concisely visualize data for all levels, including executives
- Expert PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills, including use of advanced financial formulas
- Experience using databases, familiarity with ERP systems
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Display sound professional judgement in handling confidential/sensitive information
- Experience with Netsuite ERP
- Experience with Autotech and Mobility
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA)
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful equity incentives
- Medical / dental / vision / 401k
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave