May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor, Michigan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Opportunity and Role
The Technical Project Manager leads technical Projects or Programs at May Mobility. This position is responsible for managing engineering projects or programs and for providing process improvement recommendations.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, finance, and strategy teams to scope, plan and track the project and provide recommendations for improving project and program management processes.
- Be a scrum master for one or more projects.
- Lead engineering programs, help build tools and processes to identify risks and coordinate on-time and high quality product delivery.
- Consolidate input from engineering, product, safety, production, legal, and business teams to produce and distribute project work plans; Requests for Procurement, Statements of Work, Program Plans, and Gantt charts. Must have the ability to lead the team with ownership of duties, along with follow up and corrections as needed.
- Understand technical implementation at the architectural level and propose alternatives when necessary, ask questions that clarify priorities and look for process efficiencies. This position must have the ability to lead a team, provide critical feedback, promote growth opportunities and be responsible for performance tracking, detailed resource planning, support team hiring, and retention goals.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress, identify gaps in communication or schedule, provide support to teams balancing competing priorities and drive results
- Build relationships with May Mobility’s partners relevant to your projects, manage deliverables required to make your project successful.
- Be a reliable problem solver with critical and creative thinking skills that drive the business forward.
- Coordinate effectively between development and production teams.
- 3+ years of technical project management experience of large, cross-discipline and cross-company engineering projects
- 3+ years experience working with highly complex mission-critical hardware & software products. This could mean you have worked on and launched ADAS, automotive electronic devices, aerospace hardware, or other products with complex software and hardware integration
- 1+ years in a leadership role within technical program/project management and as a scrum master
- Experience in Agile development process
- Understanding of software and hardware development life cycles, integration processes, and test/validation complexity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; various global audiences at all organization levels
- Master collaborator with ability to influence, motivate, and generate goodwill with teammates
- Experience building project plans
- Demonstrated direct impact through the design, development, and launch of exceptional products and programs
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks; ability to work closely with engineers
- Working level knowledge of the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience working with products requiring hardware production and assembly
- 3+ years of project and program management experience
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Startup experience
- Green Belt certification in Six Sigma