May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan and Providence, Rhode Island navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a UX Strategist to help ensure that human-centered design is a key input into how product visions, strategies and features are defined. You’ll collaborate with product managers and other cross-functional stakeholders (engineers, marketing, operations, customer success, etc.) in using product and behavioral data to uncover deep UX insights and define strategic opportunities that leverage them. You’ll also use these insights to guide the team in defining hypotheses, assumptions and experiments for testing them. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams at May Mobility to use this data-driven approach to design industry-leading service journeys and features. The beauty of this role is that you’ll have an opportunity to wear multiple hats related to human-centered design, lean experimentation, and storytelling, and will have a direct impact on the design and experience of the products that we create.
This role will report into the Chief Product Officer’s organization.
- Ensure that UX is a key input into how May Mobility defines differentiating product visions and strategies for cutting-edge autonomous vehicle solutions
- Work with customers, internal teams and functions to use product and behavioral data to uncover deep customer insights and define strategic opportunities that leverage them
- Design and conduct exploratory and evaluative research to better understand customer needs and ensure the usability of our services
- Leverage excellent communication and leadership skills to evangelize and advocate for lean UX and human-centered design approaches, working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
- Create service design assets, including personas, journey maps, storyboards, and wireframes to guide and communicate project vision
- Act as the UX leader for your solutions and features, ensuring customers love our services and experience is a compelling competitive advantage in the market
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience in user-centered product design and research for software, hardware or combined software/hardware products
- Prior roles in which you acted as UX lead in a collaborative, cross functional team in achieving a goal
- Master’s Degree in Human Centered Design
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) or Mobile Applications, Transportation as a Service
- Experience with service and human centered design and leveraging design thinking principles in the product development process
- Past experience in a startup
- Experience creating solutions in emerging technologies
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours