Supply Chain Manager
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market – low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to take ownership of May’s supply chain. This is a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in the development of a quality presence in a fast growing company. This role will report to the Director of AV Production and Reliability.
- Establish supply chain management best practices
- Create scalability plan based on strategic company goals, including systems implementation, reporting methods, and hiring plan
- Work with Head of Programs and Partnerships to maintain good supplier selection and relationships
- Negotiate contracts ensuring high quality at lowest possible cost
- Manage purchase orders
- Continuously work to drive down bill of materials costs
- Manage shipping/receiving functions
- Engage with suppliers on quality issues and initiate corrective actions when applicable
- Establish and maintain an inventory system and control material availability
- Work with design engineers on design for manufacturability improvements
- Work with Finance and Accounting to provide accurate information on inventory and assets
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing, procurement, or supply chain management
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, or related field
- Ability to interpret engineering documents, including CAD drawings and wiring diagrams
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with employees at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to undergo driving record check
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as 8D, CAPA, Six SIgma
- Masters degree in Engineering, Business, or Quality
- Experience with PPAP, APQP activities
- Experience with autonomous and electric vehicle systems
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave program
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.