May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team of robotics engineers with a background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to independently impact our approach to solving the most interesting problems facing AV’s today, while operating live in the wild.
- Work independently with cross functional teams to develop software and system requirements
- Design, implement, and test-state-of-the-art robotics software in C
- Lead team code quality activities including design and code reviews
- Track and Trend technical performance of the system in the field
- Provide technical guidance to Technical Support Team on issue diagnosis and resolution
- 5+ years of industry experience working on real-world robot systems (should have implemented at least two commercial projects working at a systems-level, developing robotics software as part of a larger system)
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Strong programming skills in C, software development in a Linux environment
- Experience working on a combination of Interaction-aware Planning, POMDP, Policy Optimization, Computational Geometry, Object Detection, Multi-target Tracking, Localization, and Mapping
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as git, valgrind, and gdb
- Masters or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- Strong background in sensing, localization, behavior, and path-planning for probabilistic robotics (including computer vision, vision-based localization and mapping, robot perception, robot behavior, and autonomous vehicle development)
- Experience working on perception or image processing
- Experience with machine learning or deep learning
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave