May Mobility, Inc. is an autonomous vehicle startup located in Ann Arbor, Michigan that deploys fleets of driverless vehicles for enterprise customers. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding autonomous systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking for new team members as we enter into an exciting phase of growth for the company.
Technical Support Engineers @ May
Our technical support engineers are the interface between the R&D engineering team and our technical and operations staff at field sites. Based at our headquarters in Ann Arbor, you will be focused on identifying, prioritizing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, escalating, and resolving issues that occur with May’s autonomous fleet as it operates in the field.
As the link between engineering and product operation, you will work to confirm and document the initiation and resolution of issues with field operations, provide engineers with adequate data and verification of facts, and assist in creating and disseminating troubleshooting documentation to improve May Mobility product reliability over time.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how autonomous vehicles work and become a key contributor to the company that is making autonomous vehicle technology a reality today.
Why Should You Apply to May Mobility?
You have a rare opportunity to build your resume and be involved with the industry that will transform mobility and communities globally using autonomous technology.
World-Class Training: To prepare you to succeed in this new career path, you will receive a 1-month intensive training experience from robotics industry experts that will include:
- In-depth training on proprietary autonomous vehicle systems, and tools used to monitor, analyze, and debug AV systems utilizing the data collected from vehicles operating autonomously in the field.
- Shadowing Technical Support Engineers, Field Operations & Engineering
- Certification in operating autonomous vehicles
- Professional & Technical Writing/Communication
Your Opportunity to Drive Success:
- Champion safety and reliability for May’s vehicles, customers, and operations
- Understand and support May vehicle products, including the physical vehicle to sensors and controls up to higher-level autonomy interactions involving perception and behavior
- Investigate fleet issues using vehicle logs and sensor data; facilitate resolution of field support tickets
- Identify and escalate issues across the May fleet as required
- Maintain and contribute to a technical documentation knowledge base
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations team members to identify areas of product improvement towards product serviceability, support, and rider experience
- 1-3 years experience in a technical support or help desk role
- Demonstrated prior customer service experience
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work outside regular office hours
- Ability to follow process while being able to think independently when required
- Ability to identify issues and drive resolution while escalating issues appropriately with upfront facts and clear reports
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Experience debugging software and/or electro-mechanical components
- Technical degree and/or technical certification
- Basic Linux Command-Line abilities
- Ability to write Python Code for automating data analysis
Compensation & Benefits:
- $40-48K starting salary, based on experience
- Meaningful stock options
- Health insurance benefits including vision and dental
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
- Daily catered lunch and stocked snacks/beverages