Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
Run product at Maven. Your job is to envision and execute upon a product offering that is the best-in-class course platform on the Internet. You practice selective perfectionism: you understand how to hold our product to a high standard while simultaneously building quickly where necessary. User research and data-driven insights are natural to you, but you do not rely upon the user or data to tell you the full story. Instead, you determine what a user’s goals are and invent creative solutions towards that goal that they never even thought of. You can manage designers, lead engineers, and help recruit an outstanding team.
The main benefit of this opportunity is that the existing team is extremely strong and well-versed in areas that will enable your success. Our engineering team is seasoned and has been able to attract a large stable of talent. You’ll also work hand-in-hand with our business stakeholders who have a deep insight into our instructors.
You’ll report to the CEO/Co-Founder Gagan Biyani and be on the leadership team. You will be measured on how delightful the product is to instructors and whether instructors choose to use Maven over building a CBC on their own or on another platform.
- A knack for knowing what customers want even if they don’t know it themselves
- Ability to work with a large engineering team and help them build amazing products through instituting strong operational systems, creating alignment and clear communication
- Ability to create and execute on a long-term product vision that sets the industry standard for product in its category
- A deep interest in the cutting edge product innovations of our time
- Ability to attract and manage a talented team
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible
Come Learn, Grow, and Build with Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in Toronto, Austin, New York, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.