Who We Are
Maven is building the university of the future - empowering the world’s creators to offer cohort-based courses directly to their audiences. Courses on Maven have community at their core, focus on active learning, and are available anywhere in the world.
Our team has raised $25 million from incredible investors including Andreessen Horowitz, First Round, Naval, and Arlan Hamilton, and we've launched sold-out courses with instructors like Li Jin, Anthony Pompliano, Lenny Rachitsky, and Sahil Lavingia.
We're the leading player in a massive and growing market, but are still early enough for you to make a big impact. Join us!
You will be one of the first 10 engineers at the company, owning features end-to-end, becoming an expert on parts of our product, and building the platform that powers the best cohort-based-courses on the market.
- Be one of the first 10 engineers on our team
- Own features end-to-end, and become an expert on domains across the product
- e.g. payments, emails, live sessions, community, analytics, internal tools
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and others across the team
- Contribute to help shape our product roadmap and engineering culture
- Work full-stack with Typescript, React, Next.js, Python, FastAPI, Postgres, and AWS (Aurora, ECS, Elasticache), Github Actions, & Vercel.
- Grow into a world-class IC and/or a leader in the engineering org
- Shipped features in production apps with real users
- Experience with full-stack development:
- API development on the backend (preferably Python - open to other technologies such as Ruby, Go, PHP, Java)
- Judgement around when to do something quickly, and when to build for the long term
- Product instincts, and a keen eye for why users want what they want
- A desire to strengthen those around you
If you don't meet these criteria but are still excited about Maven, reach out anyway - we'd love to hear from you.
We’re growing quickly but we’re still a startup, and you’ll have the opportunity to shape how we work. So far we’ve looked for teammates who:
- Are hungry to learn, and can give and receive ego-free feedback
- Take pride in doing great work, and in helping others do the same
- Value clear thinking and open communication
- Don't just solve problems - they seek them out, take ownership of the solution, and see it through from idea to execution
- Are willing to throw away ideas, and are optimistic enough to keep hunting for new ones
- Think 80/20 and focus on getting the right stuff done, not the most stuff possible
Come Build With Us
We're a fully remote company with employees in New York, Toronto, Austin, the Bay Area, and beyond. Anyone within 1 hour of US time zones is welcome.