Who are we?
MATTE is a 360° full-service creative studio at the convergence of hype, storytelling and design. We bring people together to inspire new ways of engaging, to provoke long term progress, and to entertain audiences around the world, while helping forward-thinking brands and institutions nimbly and truly do the same. Our studio capabilities range from strategic ideation and insights, creative development, branding and identity, experiential, web design and development, campaigns and content creation, all the way through full-scale production and execution.
About this role:
MATTE is looking for an experienced and fast to action Senior Client Director to oversee our Technology and Automotive clients. In this position, you will help to provide integrated, cross-platform solutions to some of our largest partners, driving revenue and growing new and existing business partnerships. You'll contribute excellent managerial and communication skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to train and motivate a team. while demonstrating an analytical approach to the sales process. You anticipate how decisions are made and use an analytical approach to the sales process, persistently exploring and uncovering business needs of key clients. As the Senior Client Director, you’ll be responsible for understanding fully how our portfolio of services can achieve clients’ desired goals and set the “vision” for how their creative strategy can reach a wider audience and be creatively thinking of how we can consistently improve.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day client needs across the Technology and Automotive division.
- Manage large integrated projects touching strategy and positioning, content production, experiential, and digital.
- Lead business development efforts to manage existing sales baseline and continually drive growth
- Oversee the client development process across all levels, from inception to completion
- Build and foster strong relationships with C-level and senior-level clients across an industry
- Establish effective partnerships with internal stakeholders across various departments at MATTE and act as trusted advisor and thought partner throughout company
- Deeply understand the business needs of relevant industry clients, as well as MATTE
- Work with clients, agencies and the industry in order to identify strategic partnership opportunities
- Develop case studies of successful projects for internal and client usage
- Develop, motivate, and inspire a team, with a strong focus on attracting, mentoring and retaining great
- Collaborate with the client teams to develop thoughtful and impactful, purpose-based creative solutions and ideas for both the department and for a wide range of clients.
- Work with client specific brand guidelines and bring projects from concept through production
- Create and maintain consistent, high level visuals, standards and specifications.
- Work strategically and in partnership with internal teams to build, maintain, and improve internal and external processes, workflows, systems, and policies.
- Manage and coach your client team to maximize performance and ensure project quality.
- Keep all stakeholders apprised on any key changes in production or post that will affect final delivery.
- Direct and motivate teams to help them use their talents effectively.
- Maintain clarity of information and good channels of communication with other teams at the organization to ensure that projects are moving forward effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain a knowledge of, and stay up to date on, latest industry technology, trends and techniques
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 7 years of combined experience in agencies, brands, and sales teams in the industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in sales and client facing roles
- Demonstrated experience understanding and delivering on client needs and developing relationships within particular industries
- Passion for culture and fostering community
- Excellent presentation and client negotiation skills
- Deep understanding of current brand and marketing trends
- Proven results-driven track record with leading a sales/operations team
- Established and extensive network of industry contacts at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and awareness
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with a 4% company contribution max match
- Fully covered yearly Citibike membership
- Talkspace membership
- Competitive PTO package
- End of Year Recharge paid time off
- Sabbatical Program option after three years of employment with us
- Parental Leave for all new parents
- Flexible work from home and remote options for specific roles
Everyone is welcome at MATTE - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. MATTE provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MATTE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.