Who are we?
MATTE is a 360° full-service creative studio at the convergence of hype, storytelling and design. We bring people together to inspire new ways of engaging, to provoke long term progress, and to entertain audiences around the world, while helping forward-thinking brands and institutions nimbly and truly do the same. Our studio capabilities range from strategic ideation and insights, creative development, branding and identity, experiential, web design and development, campaigns and content creation, all the way through full-scale production and execution.
About this role:
MATTE is looking to hire a detail-oriented New Business Manager to provide day-to-day support on new business initiatives directly impacting the overall growth of the agency. This role reports to the New Business Director and handles support in functions from lead generation and prospecting to partnership/sponsorship development. You will be working with both existing client partners and brands, but will also identify new client engagement opportunities. The right person demonstrates an eagerness to learn, a highly-organized approach to their work and a unique perspective on the industry.
The New Business Manager will serve as a key member of the team, driving the planning and execution of multi-channel global communications efforts. Acting as a spokesperson for the company, the New Business Manager will actively lead on media relations, pitching, corporate positioning, and speaking engagements for leaders across the organization.
Role + Responsibilities:
- Manage all new business activity, participating wherever appropriate in the planning, implementation, and follow-up
- Support the New Business Director in all elements of the daily responsibilities within the New Business Department.
- Work alongside the New Business Director to secure sponsorships for current and new client prospects, as well as for internal special projects.
- Generate and source new business leads and opportunities.
- Assisting in the coordination of and preparation for agency capabilities presentation and other pitch materials, eventually, being able to lead in capability presentations.
- Manage client briefing process, externally and internally, from start to finish.
- Manage REI/RFP requests (non-creative) and other procurement processes, as requested by potential clients.
- Gather potential client and competitive background information to help brief pitch teams and build winning pitch strategies
- Strategize with the Editorial team at MATTE by supplying them with the new business developing assets to showcase our work.
- Manager CRM system (eg. HubSpot) to optimize client services success and brand communications strategies
- Develop and manage CRM contact databases, VIP lists, etc, keeping them relevant and up to date at all times.
- Maintain current agency pipeline and prospect documents.
- Onboard necessary internal teams on new clients/projects.
- Remain connected to culture, including attending cultural events of your choosing and reporting back on them.
- Supervise and mentor interns, when applicable.
- Work with colleagues in editorial, social media, design and campaign management to make programs as turnkey as possible for partners.
- Participate in ideation and brainstorms for custom marketing solutions (RFPs, proposals, etc.)
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years experience in a New Business offering within recognized creative agencies
- Knowledge of Hubspot is a must
- Pitch experience across various industry categories
- Demonstrated experience understanding and delivering on client needs and developing relationships within relevant industries
- Passion for culture and fostering community
- Excellent presentation and client negotiation skills
- Deep understanding of current brand and marketing trends
- Proven results-driven track record with leading a sales/operations team
- Established and extensive network of industry contacts at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, judgment and awareness
Salary Range: $80,000-100,000/annum
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k with a 4% company contribution max match (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- Fully covered yearly Citibike membership
- Talkspace membership
- Competitive PTO package
- End of Year Recharge paid time off
- Sabbatical Program option after three years of employment with us
- Parental Leave for all new parents
- Hybrid environment
Everyone is welcome at MATTE - we’re passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. MATTE provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MATTE will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.