About The Role
Reporting to the Director of Support, as a Sr. Developer Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the future of Support at Materialize.
In collaboration with Support Leadership and cross-functional teams, you’ll help to build and shape documentation, automation, and workflows for Support while contributing to and directly impacting Customer Advocacy and Voice of the Customer initiatives.
Ensuring the success of our customers throughout their journey on our platform is core. You’ll engage with our customers through multi-channel support, ensuring their voice is heard and that their issues and concerns are acknowledged and resolved in a timely manner.
As a Sr. Developer Support Engineer, our customers will see you as a subject matter expert, while your team looks up to and sees you as a mentor.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prioritizing, responding to, and resolving highly technical multi-channel support requests via Zendesk, Slack, and the Materialize Community
- Functioning as a Subject Matter Expert for Support on customer calls, ensuring critical concerns are documented and action items are communicated
- Serving as a PoC (point of contact) for Support for internal and customer-facing incidents and escalations; ensuring timely customer engagement and follow-up
- Directly contributing to documentation, knowledgebase, playbooks, and workflows that enable our customers and internal teams to self-serve
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new Support team members; serving in a mentor capacity
- Collaborating with Support and Engineering Leadership to build customer stories that result in improvements to our platform and that drive customer success
- Contributing to both organization and team-level OKR and initiatives that build upon and improve Customer Advocacy, Voice of the Customer, and the future of Support at Materialize
- Serve as a stakeholder for Support for new product launches and releases; collaborating with the Principal Developer Support Engineer to ensure team preparedness
- Contributing to the achievement of SLA/SLO, CSAT, and similar metrics; using available resources and data to identify areas of improvement/opportunity for support
What We’ll Expect From You
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL, with the ability to troubleshoot complex queries; solid understanding of scaling, replication, and microservices
- Prior experience serving as a mentor to mid and/or senior-level customer support or customer success team members
- A true people-first mindset with the ability to earn and build trust and credibility across the organization, with your team, and with our customers
- Capable of empathizing and relating to our customers in a way that builds trust and creates a bond between our team and theirs
- Highly resourceful with strong analytical skills; ability to quickly understand the core concern or issue at hand, recommend next steps, and work towards a full resolution
- Ability to serve on an on-call rotation for Support via PagerDuty to ensure both coverage and response in the event of an escalation or incident that occurs after hours or during times of low-coverage
- Prior experience leading customer support and/or customer success teams in a leadership capacity (team lead, manager)
- Knowledge and experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting containers or containerized environments (Docker, LXC, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience developing with one or more programming languages (Rust, C++, Java, or a similar functional programming language)
- Hands-on experience with streaming technologies like Flink or Kafka
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.