About The Role:
As Senior Manager within the product marketing team, you will lead a critical function responsible for describing the many use cases customers look to achieve using Materialize. As an individual contributor, you will lead research and analysis of market trends, customer needs, and industry/vertical solutions - and communicate that research to product, marketing, and sales teams. The position will also be responsible for messaging, positioning, sales enablement content, web content etc. for parts of the Materialize product as new use cases are developed.
The ideal candidate will be highly strategic and analytical, with a strong capability to understand the business value of technology. They will also be an excellent writer and presenter, with both a sales mindset and a product mindset. To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record of success in solutions or product marketing roles in enterprise technology organizations. You also should have excellent communication skills, capable of writing and presenting about enterprise technology to internal and external audiences.
We expect marketing to be the growth engine for the company - as well as an extremely important source of insight and information from the field. As a company, we hope to build a unified culture across the business and product arms of Materialize.
What You Will Do:
- Lead all activities that quantify, analyze, and segment market opportunity based on patterns of unmet needs, with an understanding of how we compare versus the competition.
- Gather and distill feedback from clients and partners about our current product offering and identify new market opportunities, serving as a voice of the customer to our product and engineering teams
- Support the go-to-market strategy of new product segments and features, including positioning, pricing, packaging, messaging, demos, etc.
- Establish and maintain value propositions with compelling supporting content, including website collateral, datasheets, product brochures, and solutions content.
- Develop, plan, and execute marketing programs that represent the voice of the customer, advocating a point of view that serves their needs and differentiates our offering.
- Conduct thorough competitive analysis and maintain sales-consumable positioning documents
- Present to external audiences, including customers, prospects and industry analysts, and audiences at company and industry events.
What You Have:
- 5+ years experience across solutions, or product marketing in a high-growth enterprise software / B2B SaaS organization (ideally with experience in data platforms, cloud, and open source)
- Experience working at a database company or within an adjacent field
- MBA or an advanced CS degree, or significant CS or Systems Engineering experience
- Demonstrated track record developing thorough market analysis, segmentation, and product research
- A demonstrated sense of creativity in engaging technical audiences
- Exceptional writing skills, with previous experience developing compelling messaging and positioning
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivation with a strong drive to tackle hard problems and proven ability to do so with little or no direct daily supervision; passionate about exploring new technologies
- Clear, consistent demonstration of a collaborative work ethic, creativity in identifying solutions, and a self-starter mindset
Bonuses that will help but are not necessary:
- Experience presenting in a public setting, including demonstrations to large audiences
- Track record of successful new product launches or growth of market share / mindshare
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.