About the Role
What You Will Do
- Be a core part of the team that develops the first version of the Materialize cloud service and successive versions
- Design, build and maintain the production serving infrastructure
- Develop custom tools, such as those used for automatically scaling deployments for customers and automatic rolling upgrades
- Drive high availability and low latency through a partnership with database engineers
- Work with engineering leaders to develop scalable, operationally-focused, customer-facing cloud services.
- Maintain both development and production infrastructure as part of a customer-focused engineering culture.
What We’re Looking For
- Professional experience analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale, high-traffic distributed systems
- Expertise with deploying, optimizing, and debugging Linux installations
- Expertise working with AWS
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Go, C, C++, Python, Java
- Experience debugging and optimizing complex production systems
- Experience with container orchestration technologies, such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, ECS”
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D in a scientific field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with production SQL databases
- Experience with Pulumi
- Experience with Rust
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.