About the Role
Questions You Can Help Answer
- Do we use Kubernetes or something else to orchestrate the Materialize cloud service?
- How do we foster healthy working relationships between site reliability engineers and software development engineers?
- What is an accurate way to model capacity for Materialize?
- How do we provide high availability and low latency for customers while managing the workload for our employees?
What You Will Do:
- Be a core part of the team that develops the first version of the Materialize cloud service and successive versions
- Design, build and maintain the production serving infrastructure
- Develop custom tools, such as those used for automatically scaling deployments for customers and automatic rolling upgrades
- Drive high availability and low latency through a partnership with software engineers
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our production systems and services, driving long-term solutions to production issues
What You Are:
- Professional experience analyzing, monitoring, and troubleshooting large-scale, high-traffic distributed systems
- Expertise with deploying, optimizing, and debugging Linux installations
- Expertise working with AWS
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Rust, Go, C, C++, Python, Java
- Experience debugging and optimizing complex production systems
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D in a scientific field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with production SQL databases
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to develop the exceptional product we are building. Our dynamic team has incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity employer.