Material Bank is a fast-paced, high-growth technology company and created the world's largest material marketplace for the Architecture and Design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to start and manage a design project. Learn more about us at www.materialbank.com or see below.
Material Bank is seeking a Senior Data Engineer with extensive data architecture and data platform design experience to power massive scale SaaS/eCommerce applications.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, experienced with variety of technologies in AWS, ecosphere, thrives in a dynamic work environment, and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work. As part of our data group, you will be a major participant in architecting, building, and maintaining scalable solutions that supports data sharing throughout the ecosystem for the world’s largest community of products and materials. Operating at depth will be key to be successful in this role – this candidate’s technical and management ability will require constant learning and growth.
This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration architecture blueprint for the organization. This role requires an individual who is extremely detail-oriented, strategic in their approach and comfortable with change in a dynamic work environment.
This is a remote position based anywhere in the United States. Most (not all) of your team will be in US East Coast time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop, implement, and translate business requirements and the overall organizational data strategy, including standards, principles, data sources, storage, pipelines, data flow, data processing, and data security/ governance policies
- Develop and maintain the technology stack (Airflow, Airbyte, Redshift, AWS Athena) to include commercial or open-source integration platforms
- Is motivated to understand the challenges in the SEO space, and has a passion for solving problems and not just delivering features
- Influence strategic thinking across the team. Advocates for best practices, investigates new technologies and mentors other engineers.
- Contribute to critical steps within the Software Development Life Cycle components that impact enterprise-wide development / architecture standards.
- Nurture a culture of transparency, pragmatism, and no ego, while scaling the Engineering organization.
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code.
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the Enterprise Architecture.
- Partner with leaders of other disciplines to ensure proposed solutions align with information, technology, infrastructure, business, and security architectures.
What you’ll bring:
- BA/BS degree preferred, and 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture, systems architecture, integration architecture and data architecture standards, frameworks, and practices
- Knowledge of common system integration methods and technologies including Web services, SOAP, JSON, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Business process automation and orchestration tools and software
- Expertise in solution design and development, vendor management, enterprise application support, in addition to strong business understanding and project management
- Experience with the implementation of Continuous Integration practices and tooling to support automated build, delivery, and regression test of commercial software
- Proven experience in managing relationships with vendors/consultants, IT teams and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with API’s from commercial software applications, such as CRM or ERP systems
- A passion for all things tech and has a drive to experiment with new technologies to see where they can benefit the business
- Experience in a management or supervisory role on an integration development team
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on, collaborative working style, with the ability to build relationships and earn trust with multiple teams and key stakeholders quickly
What you’ll get from us:
- Our people: If you thrive in an inclusive, innovative, and fast-paced organization, look no further! You will get to work alongside some of the brightest minds - Join a genuinely fun and supportive workplace where we keep our employees consistently engaged through internal communication and corporate events
- Relaxation and Celebrations: Generous PTO, Sick Days, Paid National Holidays, and even more (ask us about this when we connect).
- Health Benefits: We contribute to your medical, dental, vision and short-term/long-term disability plans and have a strong employee assistance program.
- Plan for your Retirement: 401(k) eligible after your first 90 day's employed!
- Giving Back: We sponsor multiple events throughout the year to help out our communities. You will receive time off to give back as well.
- Growth: We’ll help you take your career to the next level. We want you to be creative and take initiative which will allow you to grow and create within the company. Most importantly, be the best at what matters!
- Flexible Work Schedules: With business units and employees across the globe, Material Technologies has embraced a hybrid working model allowing department leaders to decide on the best approach for their respective teams, whether that be remote, in person, or a little of both.
About Material Bank
Material Bank is the world’s largest material marketplace for the architecture and design industry, providing the fastest and most powerful way to search and sample materials. Material Bank connects design professionals to hundreds of manufacturers through facilitating brand discovery, rep engagement, and material sampling.
Material Bank has transformed the way an entire industry discovers and samples materials. By removing the friction that exists in the process, we drive business between architects and designers (members) and our Brand Partners (clients).
Our powerful material database and proprietary robotic distribution facility allow members to order samples until midnight (ET) to be delivered free of charge anywhere in the US, in one box, by 10:30 AM the next morning.
Connect with us and discover your career at Material Bank.