ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada with several offices in Africa. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced Information Technology professional ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Lead, Technology, the Technical Support Analyst will play a critical role as a lead technical resource responsible for supporting all technical matters at the Accra and Kigali offices. This individual will be responsible for responding to requests from staff, performing regular maintenance on network connected devices and providing guidance and training for end users.
This individual will serve as a business partner to various functional areas of the Foundation and support the goals of departments through exceptional technology support. They will have the opportunity to influence network and infrastructure decisions related to the overall IT roadmap. They will also coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide technical support for staff (network connectivity, Office 365, conference rooms, printers, screens, phones, etc.).
- Monitor and report performance issues related to services provided by third parties.
- Monitor IT services to ensure their consistent, reliable and secure delivery through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported issues.
- Responsible for the overall healthy operation of technology in the offices.
- Perform application updates, security patches and configuration changes on network hardware, services and management tools.
- Work closely with the Manager IT to implement proactive approaches to monitoring and reporting on network services that maximize uptime, reliability and visibility.
- Support and monitor local vendors of IT systems, including network, laptops, telecom, wireless and supporting applications.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate issues, influence technology adoption, monitor staff satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- Remain current with trends, new developments and issues in the IT industry including innovation, current technologies, compliance, cyber risks and software, hardware and licensing costs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or certificate in IT related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting end users, applications and hardware.
- Possesses an intermediate level of network and infrastructure expertise coupled with a high ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Practical hands-on experience on workstations, printers, cellphones and audio-visual equipment.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency.
- A good understanding of the following Technologies: Windows 10 and Office 365, SharePoint.
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. Fluency in French would be an asset.
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
The Foundation is working with a search firm for this role. Kindly submit your letter of motivation, with a detailed CV as one document and in English to: email@example.com (please quote “TSA RWA” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until the right candidate is found."
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks, and proof of education are essential conditions of employment.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please contact the People and Culture Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to provide a positive recruitment experience in a confidential manner.