Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We are looking for an FP&A Senior Manager to join the finance organization. It is a critical addition to the team that strives to lead the company towards financial reliability, scalability, and discipline. The team is currently focused on cross-functional collaboration, budget/forecast process optimization and automation, and most importantly, attracting top talent to support the increasing demand for actionable insights and guidance.
You will work closely with accounting, partner operations management, settlement and other key partners during various data collection and analysis activities. While learning about Marqeta’s economics, accounting, technical capabilities and unique product features, you can make significant contributions to our future successes and build a rewarding career.
- Own the modeling of a complex COGS ecosystem for the full customer portfolio involving network billing detail, partner incentives, and card costs for our rapidly growing business.
- Lead monthly forecast and annual budget planning by working closely with internal customers spanning partner operations management, business development, and accounting.
- Leverage and drive efficiencies in financial modeling through the budget tool and ERP, while implementing rigorous workflow controls.
- Help prepare materials for management and investor communications.
- Participate in initiatives and discussions as related to system integration, data infrastructure and governance, internal control, and process improvement etc.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis in support of business initiatives such as customer pricing, new product economics, international expansion, etc.
The ideal candidate has a solid background in Financial Planning with a track-record of strong business partner endorsement, has demonstrated success in supporting fast growing businesses, is able to think creatively to find solutions to complex, often unstructured problems, and possesses a desire to continually improve and refine processes.
- 7+ years of FP&A experience (both business partner-facing roles and corporate) with a solid grasp of financial and accounting concepts. 4+ years of experience working with large-scale data.
- Experience working with Excel, ERP and Financial Planning tools, as well as business intelligence tools.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel manipulation, modeling and auditing skills.
- Desire to build cross functional partnerships, strong team player.
- Ability to develop communications and key messaging for stakeholders and senior management.
- Analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity and experience with financial services industry, payments industry a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree within Finance, Data Analytics, Economics or related fields.
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.