Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solve challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all the job requirements listed below, so please apply. It’s an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
We're seeking a Senior Product Designer to join Marqeta's rapidly growing product design team. The product design team works across multiple product areas creating complex and exciting solutions for the payments industry. You'll be at the forefront of our efforts within our platform.
- Produce high quality, pixel-perfect work, while delivering delightful and thoughtful experiences
- Build systems with design rationale coupled with the point of view from the customer’s perspective
- Communication skills that translate from peer reviews to boardroom presentations
- Collaborate with engineering, product managers, and key stakeholders on all aspects of product strategy, design, and development
- Desire to contribute to a design culture where feedback from peers, leads, customers, and internal users sits at the core of everything we do
- Continually pushing our limits and searching for opportunities to become better
- The desire to delight the user and deliver outstanding experiences to customers and colleagues
- A diverse portfolio with engaging and thoughtful examples of product and user experience that highlights your visual design skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and doing the research needed to understand the customer and business needs
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Have the drive to continuously learn and grow skill set
- 5+ years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company, or creative agency
- Experience working with remote and distributed teams
Bonus points for
- Enterprise design experience
When applying, include
- A link to your online portfolio (password if applicable)
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- Monthly stipend
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.