Are you looking to join an innovative organization powering payments for the next generation of fintech and commerce innovators? Marqeta has built the world’s first open API issuer processor platform from scratch, powering prepaid, debit, and credit cards for the most recognizable names in financial technology, alternative lending, on-demand services and e-commerce. Marqeta has become the leader in payment innovation. Our company is comprised of a team of industry experts, a dynamic approach to working on challenging problems, and an open environment and culture that is focused on ideas and innovation.
Not only do we have an inspiring and innovative culture, but only Marqeta can offer you a chance to help redefine the payments industry. As a testament to the company we've collectively built, our world-class team voted Marqeta one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a team as diverse as the cities in which we operate. Underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
We are not expecting any single candidate to have an expertise under all areas of our requirements section. Please apply if you meet some but not all of the requirements.
Marqeta is looking for an accomplished and energized Senior Director of Product Marketing with a passion for using, evangelizing and shaping great products. This is a highly cross-functional and strategic role that requires strong partnerships with our Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success and Business Development teams to conceive and execute a strategy that successfully takes Marqeta’s solutions to market.
The successful candidate is a smart, ambitious, and experienced leader that can craft compelling narratives for Marqeta’s products, implement product launch and release frameworks and work cross-functionally to drive unified messaging and positioning across a variety of disciplines.
You will be a core leader within the Marketing organization, driving thought leadership, leading the go-to-market strategy for new products and features, including: competitive analysis, targeting, positioning and messaging, contributing recommendations to future product strategy & roadmap, and championing developer relations.
Please note: We are only considering applicants who have payments/fintech (industry) experience.
- Be an expert and spokesperson for Marqeta
- Solution and Industry Expertise: Become an expert in our products, use cases, and the markets we compete in, internally and across external press and analyst relations channels. Research and analyze general industry & technology trends and preferences.
- Be a trusted partner to cross-functional teams
- Revenue Team: Bridge Sales, Customer Success/Delivery, and Marketing teams to drive consistent and compelling messaging to effectively promote our solutions and products.
- Provide audience, market, and competitive insights
- Customer Analysis: Define and determine customer needs, experience, criteria, and expectations, through cross-functional collaboration with Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Sales and Support.
- Competitive Analysis: Work with Strategy to identify competitors and evaluate their strategies. Assess their strengths and weaknesses and develop counter-strategies and competitive positioning.
- Develop product positioning and product brand strategy
- Company Positioning: Define the key benefits, market differentiation, product brand strategy, customer value, and the solution positioning across verticals, markets, and regions.
- Solution Messaging: Partner with Content team to set the messaging that will communicate our value proposition and differentiate the company effectively at every customer touchpoint.
- Product Brand Strategy: Give the solutions and products an identity and image as to create an impression in the mind of the consumer.
- Lead the GTM & launch strategy
- Launch Strategy: Drive, operationalize, and execute the cross-functional go-to-market activities for product launches, enhancements, and new market entries.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: Work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales, Strategy, Support and Customer Success on the roadmap to identify key value drivers for the GTM strategy.
- Develop the Sales enablement infrastructure
- Asset Creation: Work with Product, Content, and Sales to create collateral including sales decks, product sheets, presentations/videos, demo scripts, battle cards, and case studies.
Customer Prep: Collaborate with Customer Success, ABM and Sales teams on tools and training they need to move deals through to close.
- 12+ years of product marketing experience in B2B technology, preferably in SaaS
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with insane attention to detail
- You are genuinely excited by software products and can talk very comfortably about how they work
- An understanding of data and how to use data to perform analysis and make informed decisions
- Demonstrated experience developing positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas
Personal Characteristics: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high-quality deliverables. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and craves high-quality feedback from colleagues. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. At home in a high-paced, intense but informal start-up environment.
Business Skills: You truly love marketing and seeing the impact programs can have. You’re comfortable diving deep into the numbers to understand how to best influence people and outcomes. You, simply put, get things done and produce results. You excel in communications, whether face-to-face, email, phone or otherwise, and can successfully navigate interpersonal dynamics with a variety of business owners, managers, and stakeholders.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more!