Join the team that is revolutionizing manufacturing! At Markforged, we build industrial 3D printing platforms and smart software to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old part creation processes. Thousands of companies around the world use our machines to print same-day tooling and produce stronger end-use parts than ever before.
We are building a world-class team of Regional Application Engineers to be the technical face of Markforged to our largest clients. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy challenges, are engineering minded, and thrive in a customer-facing environment, you will excel with our Application Engineering team.
Successful Application Engineer candidates are:
- Mechanically intuitive and comfortable across a range of engineering and manufacturing settings. When you find yourself in unfamiliar territory, your first reactions are to ask a lot of questions and scour the internet for information.
- Driven and self motivated.
- Welcome new challenges and embrace changes.
- Comfortable with both casual and deep technical discussions
- Confident public speakers who enjoy leading presentations to a range of audiences.
- Customer-focused and adept at effectively connecting with a broad group of stakeholders.
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team;
- Able to work towards a goal with focus, but flexible and willing to do what it takes to meet organization needs in a start-up environment.
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change
What will you own?
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency with Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general. Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Work closely with the Strategic/Channel Sales Team to address key accounts, identify opportunities, and scale results quickly across an organization.
- Develop consultative relationships with existing and future clients, with the goal of providing value through problem solving and improved adoption of Markforged technology.
- Solve unique business challenges through tailored applications of Markforged technology
- Support internal product, sales, and engineering teams. Drive feedback and content for marketing collateral through high level case studies.
- Constantly collaborate with Partners on Opportunities & Pipeline, including joint calls and technical validation with potential prospects
- Understand customer needs and requirements, explaining the value of the full Markforged solution
- Expertly demonstrate Markforged technology to end users and channel partners
What you have:
- Engineering degree (mechanical preferred) or relevant technical experience
- 4 years of experience in engineering or technical fields
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of general manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge and experience with major CAD software such as Fusion 360, Solidworks, NX is a Must
- Ability in effective communication using English and Mandarin is a must. Additional languages are a plus.
- Must be able to lift a 16kg object.
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to present to large groups
- Ability to travel across ASEAN countries and China.
- You are based in Singapore.
- Willingness to travel up to 70%
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!