Markforged is an industrial technology company who is reinventing the way we do manufacturing across the globe. We are looking for an organized HR Generalist to join our rapidly growing Human Resources team. In this role you will provide support for day-to-day operations; which includes on-boarding, off-boarding, and ensuring accurate information for timesheets, payroll, and benefits. You will play an integral part in supporting and developing people strategy initiatives that focus on employee relations and experience. The HR Generalist will report directly to the HRBP Manager and work cross functionally with all levels and departments throughout the organization in both our Billerica manufacturing plant and corporate office.
What will you do?
- Assist HRBPs with initial response to inquiries and issues from employees/managers; resolve and/or escalate as appropropriate
- Facilitate on-boarding and off-boarding activities (including setting up and conducting new hire orientation meetings and verifying I9 forms, background checks and other employer requirements)
- Administer applicable company and site policies, programs, and benefits to facilitate change management, conducting training as necessary.
- Partner with the HR team to develop talent programs through manager orientations, yearly reviews, DEI efforts, performance management, and OKRs.
- Perform analysis and interpret data and information to draw conclusions and make recommendations that assist in developing and revising HR programs.
- Coordinate the day-to-day tactical responsibilities of the functional areas and remove roadblocks where needed. (e.g. benefits education, compensation project work, data entry, auditing, or purchase orders)
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What do you have?
- 2-5 years of experience in HR or other related areas, preferably in a high-growth environment (experience working within manufacturing is an added bonus)
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and a high-level of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively explain complex or confidential information to all levels and departments.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations (e.g. ADA, EEO, FMLA, FLSA)
- Adept with G-Suite, Excel, and HRIS systems.