For Summer 2022
Product Marketing is the art and science of working collaboratively - with product, marketing, sales, and channel - to define and deliver a company’s total value to our audience and customers. We use our knowledge of the customer, market, and competitive intelligence to connect customer needs to value-based Markforged solutions that differentiate us to drive growth in the market. The team draws on its market and customer expertise to provide go-to-market leadership, drive new product introductions, and create messaging, positioning, content, and sales tools.
Product Marketing Interns work on impactful cross-functional programs that accelerate sales, unlock revenue growth, increase demand for our product, and build awareness of Markforged. Our challenge is to explain new and complex technology to the market in a distilled way that our customers get. The one commonality across Product Marketers at Markforged is an inherent curiosity about the additive manufacturing revolution who want to tell the story.
Come join our team and help us define and tell our story about reinventing manufacturing today so that our customers can build anything they imagine tomorrow.
Possibilities Abound for our Interns
- Collaborate on go-to-market strategy for new and existing products
- Drive go-to-market campaigns programs, as needed
- Align business value to product offerings and connect to market through messaging and positioning
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team
- Lead the development and maintenance of sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Create compelling marketing content such as case studies, videos, website copy, blog posts, and demos with a high level of technical depth.
- Contribute to market research projects to better understand the market and gather intelligence to help inform product decisions and messaging
- Analyze competitive landscape as needed
- Spend time with customer base to bring the “voice of the customer” to all that we do - from content creation to market requirements for new and existing products
- Achieve alignment and buy-in from marketing and sales stakeholders
- Build processes to help us scale
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Working toward a Marketing, Communications, or similar Bachelor’s degree with 1 internship in product marketing or other directly transferable experience
- MAJOR BONUS: any mechanical engineering experience and marketing/business experience
- Customer obsession
- Ability to dig in and translate technical content into compelling messaging
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated success working with and leading cross-functional teams to get things done
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Bonus if you have experience working in the 3D printing ecosystem and/or marketing to manufacturing customers
- Bonus if you have both hardware and SaaS product marketing experience
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.