For Spring 2022
As an Inside Sales Rep co-op, you will learn the process of initial prospecting and qualifying sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key decision-makers, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for folks looking to gain entry into the world of sales at Markforged. It provides a foundation for future sales roles and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
Opportunities Abound for our Co-Ops!
- Responding and qualifying incoming leads in a timely manner via chat, telephone, and/or email to those engaged through our website chat function
- Cold-call and email into targeted accounts, lists, or personally researched contacts within a specified region/market to uncover and qualify opportunities
- Build a network; research prospective clients through the use of web/social media, internal databases, and external tools to identify leads
- Utilizing company resources and existing customer references to build rapport and credibility to establish a trust to further prospects along in the sales cycle.
- Managing and maintaining accurate prospect and customer account activity and information in Salesforce.
- Provide ongoing Lead Development and nurturing strategies for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Working collaboratively with Enterprise sales and marketing teams and all internal operations to support the Enterprise sales team goals.
- Professionally represent Markforged at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to learn, understand, and analyze customer requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- Familiarity with SalesForce CRM and Drift Live Chat is a plus
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired
- Strong typing skills
- Interest in working within a rapidly changing startup environment
- High energy, enthusiasm, and ambition to grow in your career
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team
- Interest in 3D printing is a plus!
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.