The Director, Developer Marketing oversees the marketing aspects of an ongoing developer program including but not limited to planning, organizing and developing marketing strategies that feed into the overarching GTM plan. Additionally informing and integrating the needs and wants of the Developer segment into the various channels of marketing communications.
The successful candidate is responsible for providing strategic guidance and the use of market and customer research, competitive intelligence and an in-depth analysis coupled with experience and knowledge of the Developer industry to provide actionable marketing initiatives that align with identified objectives and goals.
The Director of Developer Marketing is regarded as the channel marketing lead with a focus on the Developer segment. They will work closely with the Developer Relations team to articulate and recommend the defined value propositions and motivators to drive demand to purchase; amplifying the channels that require demand and reach. They will ensure that marketing initiatives/activities are aligned and consistently supplementing the Developer Relations team’s goals and objectives.
As a member of the marketing strategy team, the Director of Developer Marketing participates in overall GTM planning and implementing of initiatives and activities that target the developer community to achieve organizational KPIs and objectives. Additionally, he or she will be responsible for the co-marketing efforts and plans with 3rd party engine and platform partners leveraging the established developer channels of influence and communications.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining industry/segment expertise within the developer community within the marketing team
- Develop and manage the Marketing relationship with 3rd party engine and platform partners; integrations marketing plans and touch points
- Architects end-to-end developer marketing strategy and work with each department within marketing to activate various initiatives targeted to the developer community
- Creates strategic messaging and segment-specific “story telling” narratives, working closely with Developer Relations, Communications and Product teams to ensure accurate alignment to product vision and positioning
- Collaborates across marketing, communications, product management and sales teams to ensure a synergistic voice in market
- Key contributor to support the marketing team with segment-focused messaging for marketing campaigns and programs aimed at developers
- Coordinate with key internal stakeholders in the development and production of materials to support campaigns/programs that are consistent with brand messaging and identity
- Support marketing teams (i.e. Experiential) with demand strategies for external events including conferences, trade shows and other relevant initiatives
- This individual is strongly integrated with the Developer Relations team as the marketing lead to help facilitate and drive integrated marketing plans that align with overarching GTM strategy
- Excellent people skills with an upbeat, enthusiastic attitude and a professional maturity suitable for a B2B environment
- Superior written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communication or related area
- Industry experience in the developer and technology segment
- Results oriented; take initiative with minimal supervision in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Polished professional who thrives in fast-paced environments, with an ability to adapt to change
- Experience with working with other marketing disciplines such as communications, digital marketing, experiential and product marketing
- Willingness to travel 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field:
minimum 7-10+ years of related experience
- MBA an asset
- Knowledge of internal organizational systems and interdependencies an asset
- Experience in the Developer and/or Technology Industry