A new paradigm of computing
Magic Leap is a pioneer in spatial computing, developing groundbreaking augmented reality technology that seamlessly blends digital content with the real world. As the creator of the next computing platform, our mixed reality devices unlock new possibilities for how people interact with and experience their surroundings.
Magic Leap could be your place if you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact. At Magic Leap, you can explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real-world problems. Working alongside industry experts, you can grow your skills and amplify human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress accelerate diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible possible.
Magic Leap’s Supply Chain teams are responsible for all the steps involved in getting our AR product needs from suppliers to customers, helping the organization achieve our business strategies. Activities include negotiating to obtain goods and services for all of our business processes; finished goods demand inventory planning and production planning & control to achieve targeted quality, wastage, and inventory levels; movement, storage, and inventory control of materials, finished goods, tools, and packaging materials; import/export & customs management.
As a Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing within our Supply Chain organization, you will be an integral point of contact for both our global design teams and our vendor base as we look to increase our lead in AR products. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a very high degree of self-starting with little oversight, strong technical acumen in Optics and ability to demonstrate experience in negotiating complex business agreements with Tier 1 suppliers. The position is flexible with location choices, we are open to candidates working from our Boulder, CO, Plantation, FL or Austin, TX offices.
What you’ll do
- Develop supplier sourcing strategies to meet the requirements of Magic Leap’s roadmap and business requirements.
- Continually benchmark the industry to monitor technology trends and ensure best practices are incorporated into the Magic Leap supply chain.
- Establish competitive bidding, soliciting quotes and comparing prices from potential suppliers.
- Drive early supplier involvement initiatives to ensure our commodity suppliers are proactively providing input into new product designs and future product roadmaps.
- Manage the RFI/RFP/RFQ process for new engagements and drive final supplier selection in partnership with Engineering & Quality teams.
- Manage and negotiate key agreements with suppliers to establish best-in-class pricing, flexibility, quality, delivery, payment, warranty, and service terms. (MSA’s, SOW’s, etc.).
- Drive cost reduction opportunities to ensure the lowest possible total cost, including product cost, transportation cost, inventory cost, and cost of quality.
- Determine appropriate business splits between suppliers where appropriate.
- Formulate contingency plans to de-risk technical challenges, long lead time, single source and any supply issues.
- Manage suppliers ramp plans, capacity plans and sustaining production.
- Design, implement, and execute sourcing strategies for the category through cross-functional group collaboration; the incumbent will communicate, monitor and aggressively manage the process from concept through to fruition.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to enhance supplier performance, drive best-in-class pricing, and ensure contractual obligations are met for quality, delivery, scheduling and productivity.
The experience you bring
- 10+ years experience in Supply Chain related fields.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or Economics or equivalent relevant experience in an applicable field. We are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
- Minimum of 5 years in Supply Chain management in a technology-based environment.
- Mastery of procurement functions including developing, implementing, and executing strategic sourcing initiatives, leading negotiations, and contract management.
- Innovative, self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision along with strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Superior influencing skills and the ability to succinctly communicate across multiple disciplines at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management.
- Leadership, program management and cross-functional teamwork experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
If you need an accommodation during the application, interviewing, or hiring process, you may request an accommodation by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@magicleap.com. Magic Leap will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note that we do not accept any application documents via (e-)mail. Furthermore, we do not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role.