Magic Leap has one of the most exciting technologies in an industry that is breaking new ground and solving new problems. Our new Professional Services (PS) team needs Solutions Engineers with a proven technical skill set. This role is both client-facing and internally cross-functional, so you must be able articulate technical specifications to clients so they clearly understand hardware, platform and software capabilities.
The SE will be part of a growing team helping to shape our business, lead application development and customization, and prototype solutions directly with customers in various industries: Healthcare, Manufacturing (especially Auto and Transportation), Aerospace, Military, AEC, and Oil & Gas, among others.
Ideally, you will have strong Unity and C# skills, real-time 3D development on multiple platforms, preferably AR or VR. You will also possess strong project management skills based on Agile methodologies. You will be involved in every step of the process: discovery & project scope, prototyping & iteration, project design & execution, build & test, deliver & deploy.
We love scrappy. We look for people who can approach any challenge with a cool head and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. You will thrive in an environment where you are juggling many balls at the same time and find solving new challenges stimulating. No day is like the prior. You will become an expert on all things Magic Leap - platform, product portfolio and third-party solutions.
We are 100% focused on client success. You will work closely with the PS Team Lead and the Sales/Business Development teams from the pre-sales/post-sales cycle through to project deliverables. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and managing delivery of technical projects on time and on budget. This role can be performed remotely or in the Florida HQ offices.
Most projects will fall under one of four forms:
- Rapid prototyping - you will build and demo for clients
- Technical resource for customization of existing solutions with ISV partners
- Technical resource for customization and/or new builds with client’s internal development team
- Technical resource for bespoke builds with outside developers
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Magic Leap, 3rd party ISV portfolio, and enterprise developers and leverage that expertise in consulting, ideating and delivering client solutions.
- Act as the interface between clients and internal teams - product, platform and software to ensure all technical requirements are met for each project
- Work with PS Team Lead to design and execute end-to-end technical project management plans and assist with bids, budgeting, timeline, resource allocation and deliverables for client projects
- Maintain scheduled and ad-hoc meetings with clients on project management and internal stakeholder communications and updates
- Advise on technical implications of client proof of concepts with prospective clients
- Demonstrate and customize third-party ISV solutions from a variety of sources, working directly with those partners and clients
- Work with the ISV team to assess and maintain a deep knowledge of existing ISV solutions relative to client needs.
- Work with Developer Relations team to assess 3rd party Enterprise developers who have already built enterprise solutions using Magic Leap or competing technologies
- Maintain 2-way communication with Product, Engineering, and BD teams to enable your deep understanding of new and existing product and platform features and capabilities and communicate back specific client and general enterprise requirements
- Travel to customer or different ML offices up to 40% working time
- Technically astute, and great at communicating and presenting.
- Experience in a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering or architecting, or field engineering role
- Demonstrated track record of customer-centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Experience in real-time 3D programming, simulation programming or games middleware with knowledge of real-time rendering and app development process and platforms. Strongly prefer extensive experience in Unity with C# proficiency.
- Experience selling or developing solutions along the XR spectrum, from VR to AR.
- Able to present complicated technical concepts in layman’s terms; make the complex simple.
- Project management experience in either development environment or sales enablement.
- Experience in “rapid prototyping” of scenarios – show what can be done with simple programming that can later turn into more complicated, enterprise-ready custom solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
- Strong real-time 2D and 3D graphics skills
- Deep prototyping and/or enterprise deployment experience
- Experience in one or more targeted Enterprise industry or vertical
- Experience with the Magic Leap Headset or Hololens
- General understanding of systems integration, cloud and on-prem deployments, ERPs and enterprise IT and security requirements